Main Menu

I just.....

Started by RAGER, November 12, 2011, 08:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Put money down on a 2000 1960 re-issue Les Paul Classic in Honey Burst.  It was fairly cheap because it has had a headstock repair that wasn't ever painted over.  Looks like a sturdy repair but wasn't finished over.  plays good.  Weighs about 9 pounds.  I like em a bit heavy.  My 78 Standard weighs nearly 12 pounds
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Some may think I paid too much but I'm not concerned with that.  I don't buy guitars very often.  I play allot of em.  But I only buy the ones that speak to me.  this one did so I'm buying it.  I like quirky shit.  Everything I own has some little weird thing with it.  I'll pay $780.

Let the fox loose in the hen house
No Focus Pocus

Glitchyghost

You say $780?  Sounds like a great deal to me, and certainly no need to ever justify a purchase to anyone other than yourself.  (or your wife, maybe :))

Congrats on the new axe.

edit: Honey burst, eh?  I've got a, '05 Standard Faded in honey burst myself.  Amazing finish. Amazing guitar.

The Shocker

Are you able to get a picture of the headstock repair?  Curious to see it.

RAGER

I'll post pics when I pick it up of course.
No Focus Pocus

cat shepard

Quote from: RAGER on November 12, 2011, 08:28:51 PM

I like em a bit heavy.  My 78 Standard weighs nearly 12 pounds

Does your 78 have p-90's? I have a friend with a 78 with p-90's and it sounds so awesome and yes indeed it is a weighty axe.

RAGER

Quote from: cat shepard on November 13, 2011, 03:12:55 PM
Quote from: RAGER on November 12, 2011, 08:28:51 PM

I like em a bit heavy.  My 78 Standard weighs nearly 12 pounds

Does your 78 have p-90's? I have a friend with a 78 with p-90's and it sounds so awesome and yes indeed it is a weighty axe.

Nope.  Mine's got T Tops.  Even better.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus