Here is why you should never let people use your shit...

Started by BrianDamage, November 07, 2011, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianDamage

I let a dude I know borrow my black russian big muff.  He had it for about 4 months and when I finally demanded it back he dropped it off on my porch when he knew I wouldn't be home. Well it is completely covered in filth like it has had syrup poured on it and rubbed in dirty carpet. Plus he tried to put a plug for a power supply on the two wires where the battery clip was. Apparently he didn't know an extra ground wire was needed. The battery clip is gone and so is the battery compartment door. I have kept this thing in awesome shape for years and he fucked it up in a few months. Fuck him.

I am never loaning anything out ever again. Ever.  >:(
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

hashbrowns

I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Lumpy

You actually had it returned? ???

Stuff you lend out: 50% chance of never seeing it again.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

BrianDamage

Yeah.  I was surprised he brought it back actually. I am sure he will avoid me like the plague from here on out.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

VOLVO)))

People like that deserve fuckin' death.

Those people, and thieves. I can't fucking stand any of them.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

That's worse than theft. He actually knew the guy and was cool enough to lend gear only to be shit on. I want to kick this guys ass for him.

BrianDamage

It's happened to me a couple of times actually. Being nice always fucks me over. So I am no longer being nice. Over the years I have come to find a lot of musicians are scumbags. No offense meant to any of you here.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

VOLVO)))

Believe me, I'm sure we've all had our run ins with scumbags. I can remember a few queered trade deals from the old Jam Room. Made my blood boil the last time it happened. THEN THERE WAS... THE VOID.

I only got stiffed doing online pedal trades one time, he sent me a broken Green Russian. I almost lost my mind. Then I fixed it, battery clip went south on it. Then I sold it for 160 bucks. Dick.

Someone nicked a my drum throne one night, I almost went nuts then, too. 120 dollar drum throne. Gone. ANGER.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

BrianDamage

I had a not so bueno Peavey Vortex (kind of a Rhoads style V) that I used for a back up that someone snagged at a gig one night. At least it was my shitty guitar I guess.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

liquidsmoke

Quote from: BrianDamage on November 07, 2011, 09:28:53 PM
I let a dude I know borrow my black russian big muff.  He had it for about 4 months and when I finally demanded it back he dropped it off on my porch when he knew I wouldn't be home. Well it is completely covered in filth like it has had syrup poured on it and rubbed in dirty carpet. Plus he tried to put a plug for a power supply on the two wires where the battery clip was. Apparently he didn't know an extra ground wire was needed. The battery clip is gone and so is the battery compartment door. I have kept this thing in awesome shape for years and he fucked it up in a few months. Fuck him.

I am never loaning anything out ever again. Ever.  >:(

Tell the idiot what he did and let him know much money he owes you so you can get it replaced.

Some people are super rough on everything, don't lend them anything, ever.

BrianDamage

How much do they go for now? They don't make them anymore.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

liquidsmoke

Quote from: BrianDamage on November 08, 2011, 12:22:41 AM
How much do they go for now? They don't make them anymore.

That's the part where your friend should cough up how ever much they go for on ebay in my opinion. He can even bid on the unit that you decide on  ;D

BrianDamage

Right now I'd rather beat his ass than have another muff. Next time I see him that will probably happen.

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Pundan

Easy! Call him up, ask to lend a guitar since yours is shit or whatever. Scratch the fuck out of it. Return in 4 months. Profit.

Chovie D

thats fucked up.

black russian muff isnt worth much but still...its the principle.

If I ever join another band again I will have a couple rules.
1. No lending of anything ever. not a mic screen, not a pedal, not a tuner, not even a capo.
No dvds, no books, no cds...nothing.
2. There will be no band fund (unless you want me to hold all the money then sure). After each and every show we will divide up the money equally. Any band expenses we will pay for equally out of our own pockets or it just wont happen.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on November 08, 2011, 12:57:17 PM
thats fucked up.

black russian muff isnt worth much but still...its the principle.

If I ever join another band again I will have a couple rules.
1. No lending of anything ever. not a mic screen, not a pedal, not a tuner, not even a capo.
No dvds, no books, no cds...nothing.
2. There will be no band fund (unless you want me to hold all the money then sure). After each and every show we will divide up the money equally. Any band expenses we will pay for equally out of our own pockets or it just wont happen.

i like both of these ideas. several bands i've been in, the band fund has just disapeared, and never by my hand . . .

Chovie D

the band fund ALWAYS disappears. >:(
When the band breaks up and you ask for your share its always "we spent it all on those crappy t-shirts you didnt want us to buy, but he we've still got a box of 50 XXL's, want a couple? "

fuck it, Im never playing in a band again. Its just not worth dealing with other people.

BrianDamage

The last band I was in had it's band fund handled by the singer (or so we thought. He was letting his wife handle it unbeknownst to us.) When the band broke up there was no money in the acct and there should have been a couple hundred. So the three of us cornered him and were going to beat his ass. He told us his wife had spent it all. So we sent our women after his wife and they came back with the money AND her ponytail.  :D

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Chovie D

Quote from: BrianDamage on November 08, 2011, 02:59:21 PM
The last band I was in had it's band fund handled by the singer (or so we thought. He was letting his wife handle it unbeknownst to us.) When the band broke up there was no money in the acct and there should have been a couple hundred. So the three of us cornered him and were going to beat his ass. He told us his wife had spent it all. So we sent our women after his wife and they came back with the money AND her ponytail.  :D

I hope that is a true story.
I would NEVER steal from anyone and I cannot understand why everyone else is so willing to steal from me.

BrianDamage

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

jibberish

Quote from: BrianDamage on November 08, 2011, 02:59:21 PM

YESSS!!!!! [throws the victory uppercut clench]

i love your women. you can tell them that. heh. fuckin a. sweet!

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Chovie D, I'm moving in with you. We'll start a pedal steel drone band called Ba)))r

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

Me and the half dozen other pedal steel players in the area were gonna form an all pedal steel band.
"Steel Guitarded"  :D

The problem was with more than two steels it starts to get real pitchy and sounds like a cat is dying. >:(