in ear monitors, anyone here use them?

Started by liquidsmoke, November 07, 2011, 02:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Anyone here use these for vocals? I'm ready to give them a try as heavy metal is just so fuckin' loud and I'm tired of straining my voice only to still not be able to hear myself very well. I can't turn the wedge monitor up any higher or it feeds back. Yes I wear ear plugs and not wearing them is not an option because I really appreciate being able to hear. Turning the amps down/drumming softer is also not an option.

For $200 this unit sounds like a good buy-
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GXYAS900

If something like this allowed me to hear myself I wouldn't care how douchey the radio pack looked clipped to my belt.

Baltar

Workin' on a sex-farm,
Tryin' to raise some hard love....
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

cat shepard

Quote from: liquidsmoke on November 07, 2011, 02:26:43 AM
Anyone here use these for vocals? I'm ready to give them a try as heavy metal is just so fuckin' loud and I'm tired of straining my voice only to still not be able to hear myself very well. I can't turn the wedge monitor up any higher or it feeds back. Yes I wear ear plugs and not wearing them is not an option because I really appreciate being able to hear. Turning the amps down/drumming softer is also not an option.

For $200 this unit sounds like a good buy-
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GXYAS900

If something like this allowed me to hear myself I wouldn't care how douchey the radio pack looked clipped to my belt.
Great.

cat shepard

Quote from: liquidsmoke on November 07, 2011, 12:31:41 PM
Quote from: cat shepard on November 07, 2011, 07:40:56 AM
Great.

As in that's a great unit?
Great as in a solution to you not being able to hear vox at practice. Im not very up on my wireless units, have only worked with Shure and Sennheiser and then as an engineer, not as a musician. In ears, though frowned upon for hipness solve alot of problems for artists that are able to convert to them, at least in my experience. I was thinking it would help you at practice and you could always take them to a gig in case the monitor rig was shit and have the option.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: cat shepard on November 07, 2011, 02:32:10 PM
Great as in a solution to you not being able to hear vox at practice. Im not very up on my wireless units, have only worked with Shure and Sennheiser and then as an engineer, not as a musician. In ears, though frowned upon for hipness solve alot of problems for artists that are able to convert to them, at least in my experience. I was thinking it would help you at practice and you could always take them to a gig in case the monitor rig was shit and have the option.

If I could hear myself I wouldn't care if someone could see the ear bud or radio pack on stage. A friend of mine said that when the singer in his old band got in ears her vocals got way better immediately.