Peavey Butcher death/thrash tones

Started by hashbrowns, October 26, 2011, 03:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashbrowns

So from what I've heard the peavey butcher is a jcm 800 clone-ish amp with 6l6's in the power amp. I know for a fact that this will rule with a fuzz pedal for doom. The only thing I'm not sure is if it will be able to deliver enough crunch and tight palm mute stuff for other styles of metal. Has anyone messed with this amps own natural overdrive? I don't really like super high gain extreme metal more like something along the lines of old school death metal or thrash.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

RAGER

So from what I've heard the peavey butcher is a jcm 800 clone

People also try to con themselves into believing the same thing about VTM's.  But at the end of the day it's still a Peavey.

PEAVEY........when it just doesn't matter.

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 03:40:56 PM

People also try to con themselves into believing the same thing about VTM's.  But at the end of the day it's still a Peavey.

PEAVEY........when it just doesn't matter.

Shut up.

I loved my butcher. Did the early Incantation tone with a slight boost. It's a clear and articulate amp. It'll do you right.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 03:40:56 PM

PEAVEY........making people go why the fuck did I spend all that money on something with a fancy nameplate for 50 years >:(

RAGER

PEAVEY.......the sound of the eighties
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

PEAVEY.......at least it's not a Crate
No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 03:53:57 PM
PEAVEY.......for when the sound is more important than the nametag
PEAVEY.......for people who don't worry about the label on their jeans
PEAVEY.......for when your too smart too piss your money away
PEAVEY.......for when it just has to work
PEAVEY.......show your not a sad blues lawyer

RAGER

That's a good one. ;D

PEAVEY.....for when it just has to work ok.
No Focus Pocus

fallen

Almost without exception every death metal band I have seen live used a clean amp with some kind of pedal like those Marshall thrash masters. All the European bands I've seen fly here with guitars and pedal and rent a couple of 5150 stacks locally.

Another trick if you want to use the amp gain is leave the eq neutral and put a graphic eq in the effects loop to get your low end boost and midrange scoop. I had a JCM800 with a 12 band studio eq in the loop scooped down at 250k and it sounded amazing for downtuned metal.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 04:01:00 PM
That's a good one. ;D

PEAVEY.....for when it just has to work. ok.
Corrected punctuation

VOLVO)))

Scoop nothing!

Have fun with your superlead going down every 14 minutes, Rager! :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Marshall........for when your penis is this small

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 26, 2011, 04:04:28 PM
Scoop nothing!

Have fun with your superlead going down every 14 minutes, Rager! :D

hey I thought you'd been jonesin for 1959
No Focus Pocus

justinhedrick

Hemisaurus

I dunno, when you think about it, Marshall started because Fender was too expensive to import, Peavey probably started because people couldn't afford Marshall's.

Also why were there so many more popular amp makers from the UK? Fallout from the British Invasion(s)?

RAGER

PEAVEY.......from Deaner's home state so it probably has she-male jizz on it.
No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

Quote from: RAGER on October 26, 2011, 04:25:05 PM

Marshall......working class in the UK, wanking class in the US

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 26, 2011, 04:39:30 PM

Marshall......working class in the UK, wanking class in the US

funny.

The Shocker

Are there she-males in my state?  If so, point me to them!

VOLVO)))

I do want a 1959 pretty bad...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

Wow I go for a hike and look what I come back to  :o Thanks sunno. I'm glad to hear that early incantation is actually exactly the tone I was talking about. I effin love the tone of onward to golgotha brutal but very defined. Btw rager you're a moron. Pretty much every example of life footage from the early 90's death metal bands shows them using peaveys. In fact, peavey's are highly sought after in europe for death metal and metalcore artists much the same as marshalls are in the united states.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Hemisaurus

Quote from: hashbrowns on October 26, 2011, 07:02:42 PM
In fact, peavey's are highly sought after in europe for death metal and metalcore artists much the same as marshalls are in the united states.
The grass is always greener......

At_Giza

Except I don't know anyone who "soughts after" Marshall amps. Know people that have one or two, but they all want, like, Hiwatts, older Oranges and Matamps and stuff like that. At least those are the Brit brands people I know want.  :P

Hemisaurus

Hell, every sad rocker wants a Marshall, until they get one. Many of the guitarist I've played with, and several more I know. Very few want a Fender though.