Peavey Windsor $299 - Today Only

Started by Hemisaurus, October 09, 2011, 10:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

course there's a PCB, just like in Ampeg, Marshall, Orange, Mesa Boogies, even Marshall's own Plexi copy ;D

That and this http://www.classictone.net/40-18026.html gives you a really nice sounding amp for $320, not that the original transformer is terrible to begin with, it does the job.

RAGER

i was being sarcastic.  Still that's a pretty good deal even if you did the tranny upgrade
No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

I was just pointing out, no matter what the name, you're probably going to get a PCB ;D

Unless you go boutique, and then it's mucho dinero time.

Yeah it's not a bad deal, hell even at $350 it's not so bad a deal. Bob always runs his with two tubes out, and it's still louder than hell. I suppose if we'd wanted to save $20 we could have flung the 50W Plexi tranny in there instead.

Jake

Why does it jump from $250 to $350 when you click it?
poop.

bitter

man, I could see that be a decent backup amp, but I remeber them sounding really thin and trebly online compared to other clones and the real deal. but at $250 thats still an option for a pedal platform.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

It's 350 usually, if you look down below it has a really tiny -100 below it a few inches.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Build your own for 500

Magnetic Comps makes nice trannies, you can get some from Weber 2.

Hemisaurus

$500 where are you getting your chassis, headkit and transformers from?

The Weber kits are running about $600 for a 50 or 100W, I'm serious if you can get the whole caboodle for $500 where are you getting the parts?

VOLVO)))

I almost pulled the trigger on this piece of shit like four times today.

Is that tranny mod desolder/remove, put in/resolder simple? Then obviously a bias?

I wouldn't mind having the jump channel. The head shell would have to go, and all of that shit would have to be acetoned off the faceplate.

I'd rebuild it one out of cherry, and get one of those plexi glass etched faceplaces for it...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

I'm holding off, but it's tempting. Gawd, I don't know what I want in an another amp!!! Need a solid backup rig that can that can also double as a in-house rig during winter.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

clockwork green

Will Brugera be the amp of choice of stoner rockers 10 years from now?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Fuck it, just saw a gutshot of the 1960. Fuck all that noise.

I'll buy a peavey.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 09, 2011, 04:03:55 PM

The Weber kits are running about $600 for a 50 or 100W, I'm serious if you can get the whole caboodle for $500 where are you getting the parts?

CE Distribution

I have dealer prices of course. I could probably get it to 500 if your willing to use budget level parts

I get 100W PT and OTs for 130 a set.

You can build a plexi out of the 8cm100 kit for much cheaper than a SL kit. thats 515 stock from Weber.

Lumpy

There's a Columbus Day sale too, so 10% off orders over 99 dollars (use sale code when checking out). So it's really 225. And shipping is free.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

Motherfucker I'm going to have to buy it now.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 09, 2011, 05:32:02 PM

CE Distribution

I have dealer prices of course. I could probably get it to 500 if your willing to use budget level parts

Then again $250 gets you the whole amp, and I imagine you can pick up a turret board, valve sockets, and components for less than $250?

That CE distro is neat, do you need a login to see prices? I think I know someone who can be my 'dealer' ;D

You can build a plexi out of the 8cm100 kit for much cheaper than a SL kit. thats 515 stock from Weber.

So it is, did not notice that before, neat. Oh, and they have a 2xKT88 or 2xKT100 option as well.

How many are you ordering to get a dealer price, I'm imagining your not making a whole lot of amps at a go?

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 09, 2011, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on October 09, 2011, 05:32:02 PM

CE Distribution

Then again $250 gets you the whole amp, and I imagine you can pick up a turret board, valve sockets, and components for less than $250?

That CE distro is neat, do you need a login to see prices? I think I know someone who can be my 'dealer' ;D

So it is, did not notice that before, neat. Oh, and they have a 2xKT88 or 2xKT100 option as well.

How many are you ordering to get a dealer price, I'm imagining your not making a whole lot of amps at a go?

I dont get dealer prices from Weber, just CEDist. Weber can get you a budget build a 515 + ship (approx 45) so you can just mod the 8cm100 into a SL or whatever u want.

I do get dealer prices on parts through CE dist, say u need a repo 100W marshall pt or it i can get them for 67
Made in US trannies

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Really though, I should just find a legit 1959 Marshall and jump the channels on it. I just like the look.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Just grab the Weber kit Duwich mentioned.