Dunwich FAC OFF pedal, new clips up, nice recording

Started by dunwichamps, October 07, 2011, 08:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

New fuzz pedal prototype rdy for blasting through an amp

justinhedrick

specs? i think i remember you saying it is a fuzz with a FAC control?

dunwichamps

Quote from: justinhedrick on October 07, 2011, 09:18:17 AM
specs? i think i remember you saying it is a fuzz with a FAC control?

yea thats a good summary, its a silicon fuzz face with FAC control. Switchable gain levels, moderate/heavy fuzz to balls to the wall fuzz

FAC can dial in the overall fuzz level since it controls low end clipping

xayk

Awesome.  I'm all for this idea.

Curious, though - three transistors?  What's the third there to do?

dunwichamps

thats where the switchable gain levels come in, Q1 is not as gainy as Q2, Q2 is an npn darlington pair like 2 cascaded BJTs for HFEs in the order of 7k as opposed a single BJT HFE of 100

you switch between the two

justinhedrick

what does one of these send a gentlemen rocker back?

dunwichamps

as of right now i dont know. This is the prototype.

I have enough PCBs for a run of 10 however the run is small so cost would be larger than id like. Hopefully below 150 + ship something in that order

Custom chassis colors available 2!

VOLVO)))

Makes me so happy to see someone twisting wires, that isn't me. Gogogo neatness.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

Now you have my attention.... When you're ready to put it out. I will definitely be in line for one.
I can't crap for shit.

dunwichamps

twisted pairs all day everyday, even in pedals were lead dress is not even important

Heaters and AC lines need twisting. period

dunwichamps

Sound bright, camera mic doesnt pic up the massive bass that is there

Discö Rice

Cool sound. Just recommended it to my bandmate who's shopping around for fuzz boxes.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RAGER

I think this might be good for my Sunn 2000s.  It's really clean and kinda stoic sounding.  This might liven it up
No Focus Pocus

dunwichamps

its a fairly tight silicon FF but on roids when you bring the filter up.

wont be many in this run (at this rate less than 10), so hit me up if you want one

Discö Rice

I'm not as well versed technically as some o' y'all. Could someone explain to me in layman's terms what the whole FAC thing does?

RAGER

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 07, 2011, 10:47:34 AM
thats where the switchable gain levels come in, Q1 is not as gainy as Q2, Q2 is an npn darlington pair like 2 cascaded BJTs for HFEs in the order of 7k as opposed a single BJT HFE of 100

Plain and simple terms right here ;D
No Focus Pocus

Discö Rice

Quote from: RAGER on October 20, 2011, 04:18:32 PM

yeah believe it or not, I need it dumbed down further. also, any chance you could post a demo with a bass?

RAGER

Ok I'm assuming his pedal does the same or something similar to the FAC (frequency analysis control) on my Orange.  the FAC switch is a 6 position switch that dials in a combination of or different value of caps giving you more or less low end and perceived gain.  Hope that helps.
No Focus Pocus

dunwichamps

Quote from: Discö Rice on October 20, 2011, 04:28:33 PM
Quote from: RAGER on October 20, 2011, 04:18:32 PM

yeah believe it or not, I need it dumbed down further. also, any chance you could post a demo with a bass?

Sure quick one tonight

Discö Rice

Quote from: RAGER on October 20, 2011, 04:45:01 PM
Ok I'm assuming his pedal does the same or something similar to the FAC (frequency analysis control) on my Orange.  the FAC switch is a 6 position switch that dials in a combination of or different value of caps giving you more or less low end and perceived gain.  Hope that helps.

It does, actually. Thank you.

dunwichamps

dunwichamps

dunwichamps

xayk