Main Menu

Boss pedal rehousing??

Started by eddiefive10, September 05, 2011, 06:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiefive10

I have a boss super phaser that the case got messed up, anyone now of someone that could put it in a new box for me and install a new foot switch cheap?

Hemisaurus

Yep, you!

Go to the local hardware store, get an electrical conduit box for cheap. Or order a project box from Hammond, Small Bear, Parts Express, for sliightly more expensive. You can re-use knobs, pots, jacks, battery clips etc. The trouble spots are the power jack, and the footswitch. The power jack is tricky, because it's negative centered and needs to be insulated from the case, the switch is easier, and you can replace it with any momentary contact footswitch.

Or send it to Sunn  ;D

VOLVO)))

If you want to send it to me, I offer no guarantees it'll work. Does it work now, and just need a new switch? Those are all board mount everythings on those pedals...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Really? I thought Boss used real pots?

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 05, 2011, 07:27:15 PM
Really? I thought Boss used real pots?

some of the early ones, but most of the ones I've opened (begrudgingly) have had the main board, then a ribbon cable leading to a smaller board where all of the pots are mounted....

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Now I want to go open up my DS-1 ???

Well, even so, you can use putty on the inside of the box to mark the locations of the pots (press pots into putty, drill where marks are), and then bolt the pots to the new case, now I think about it, are the jacks PC mount? I've been opening up DOD's and Behringers recently, and am all confused.

VOLVO)))

The jacks are those shitty plastic box jacks. : \

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Yeah on DOD's too, but they're not PC mounted.

You realise sometimes they use plastic to insulate stuff, make it noise free, etc. Stop being so down on plastic, or I'll sneak in and foil wrap all the plastic wires in your Model T ;D

VOLVO)))

Recap and retube it while you're at it.  ;D ;D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eddiefive10

it does work its just been through hell, battery compartment doesnt screw shut and i hate to kick the pedal to the curb sounds damn good

RAGER

Quote from: eddiefive10 on September 09, 2011, 09:34:58 PM
it does work its just been through hell, battery compartment doesnt screw shut and i hate to kick the pedal to the curb sounds damn good
that sounds like a pretty easy fix to me but I'm a mechanic of sorts and have lots of tools.

also I didn't think the switches were mounted on the pcb on boss pedals
No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

They aren't, but they also arent suitable to be stood on, they are made to be contacted by the case.