Bad capacitors, not just for amps

Started by Hemisaurus, September 02, 2011, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

So my central air stopped working yesterday, compressor wouldn't start, exhaust fan wouldn't start, nothing. So after fidgeting with it a while, called out the engineer. Turns out it was just a bad starting cap, like tube amps of yore, these buggers have multiple caps in a single can, and really hot weather like we're having in Cemtral IL causes them to blow.

So if your A/C exhibits the above systems, save yourself a callout charge and check if the motor start cap has puffed up and blown.

justinhedrick

herb, my buddy aaron's a/c did the same thing last week. weird.

btw, i still have to send off the muff to you. I'm also going to send you a dano slap back echo pedal that maybe you can screw with to make it sound awesome? oh, and i'm giving you a big muf that needs a new jack and new switch for the cost of the parts. sound good?

Hemisaurus

Did he get it fixed?

Is that one muff or two?

Switch might be a bugger, all the other parts are in the local shack, if I can't tear it apart and rebuild may have to order a part, or have you send me it from ECE stores.

Let me know when you send it, I can pick up the parts ready for it when I'm near the shack.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 02, 2011, 04:10:15 PM
Did he get it fixed?

Is that one muff or two?

Switch might be a bugger, all the other parts are in the local shack, if I can't tear it apart and rebuild may have to order a part, or have you send me it from ECE stores.

Let me know when you send it, I can pick up the parts ready for it when I'm near the shack.

he did. he had to have a buddy get him the part from an A/C supplier here in champaign.

right on about the parts. i am sending you 2 muffs: one to fix and one to keep, along with a dano slapback echo that you can hopefully mess with, ok?

Hemisaurus

<insert naughty double muff joke here> ;D

Got it, how about I merge the Dano pedal and the returned Muff, we can call is the Slap Muff, or the Ram Muff?

SpaceTrucker