Main Menu

Band Camp VS ?

Started by spookstrickland, August 28, 2011, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

How good is band camp?  is there any unforeseen hassles I should be aware of?  is there any better sites for selling music?

Thanks

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

spookstrickland

I took the plunge and built a Bandcamp webpage.  Looks good so far.  Not sure if anyone else here is using them or what but he check it out and give me your feed back.

http://tombstoner.bandcamp.com/
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

spookstrickland

Really...44 views and nothing?
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

I'd have liked to respond, but I haven't played with it yet, I've been looking at the thread waiting for you to tell me all about it :-[

I went the facebook and ReverbNation route, and they email me all the bloody time, and I'm a bit of a copyleftist, I don't charge for tunes. You can setup a whole digital distro for free using archive.org.

Also if you want to sell actual CD's have a look at kanaki.com, they have widgets you can add to your band page that allows you to charge for a CD, they will burn it, print it, ship it, and send you the money (I think).

spookstrickland

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 31, 2011, 10:38:56 PM
I'd have liked to respond, but I haven't played with it yet, I've been looking at the thread waiting for you to tell me all about it :-[

I went the facebook and ReverbNation route, and they email me all the bloody time, and I'm a bit of a copyleftist, I don't charge for tunes. You can setup a whole digital distro for free using archive.org.

Also if you want to sell actual CD's have a look at kanaki.com, they have widgets you can add to your band page that allows you to charge for a CD, they will burn it, print it, ship it, and send you the money (I think).

My Bad sorry about that.  Well it seems pretty cool.  You can have up to 200 free downloads per month after that you are required to charge something.  I think you can charge as little as 10 cents I chose 25 just for the heck of it.  It's very plain and basic which I like because I don't like a lot of complicated dashboard and controlboard type shit on my website navigation.

They pay you strait to you paypal account and they give you statistics of what songs are getting listened too and if they are complete or only partial listenings.

They do require that you upload Wav. files only then they convert them to what ever format the user wants to buy. 

all in all it seems pretty cool.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

DustinAR

I use it and have nothing but good things to say about it so far. Both of my bands haven't charged for our tunes on there though, so I couldn't really say anything about that part of the site but everything else is great.

Volume

Bandcamp is very simple, not a lot of fancy (useless?) bells and whistles. Reverbnation has a lot more widgets and what not for spamming forums and blogs. Both are good, but we mostly use facebook and sometimes a reverbnation player.

http://mangoo.bandcamp.com/

http://www.reverbnation.com/mangoo