Main Menu

Guitar I.D. help

Started by Discö Rice, August 17, 2011, 12:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

I was given this Jaguar body years ago, but haven't done anything with it. Can anyone tell me if this is a real Fender?

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Get me that thar serial, i cant read it in the pics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

A bit of googling that serial number would make me believe you are the proud owner of a nineties MIJ Fender Jaguar body.

Congrats ;D

VOLVO)))

Fuckin' Ipads.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

It says JG 66-75, and it has a red F, and a red S stamped underneath it. I was also thinking this was a 90's MIJ body. It's really unfortunate that it doesn't have any holes drilled for the pickguard or hardware. The idea of doing that scares me. A lot. Despite the smudging and a couple of small dings, it's a beautiful body, and I'd hate to damage it. Also, I'm not sure who makes necks to Fender specs. From what I understand, Warmoth and USACG have their own specs that vary slightly, and I'm not certain they'd fit properly.

Metal and Beer

Starting p/g holes is a breeze. Use a pushpin or similar to bore a small pilot hole and viola! Use the internet to doublecheck, but I suspect most Fender neck cavities are a standard size  ("most", just doublecheck..mmmminternet)

Looks like a cool project awaits ye
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

You can do it, buddy. what scale are Jagz? 25.5? If so, a strat neck will do, unless it has the tele heel? Strats and teles have different heels. Im going to guitar center. Ill play a jag for a few.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Metal and Beer on August 17, 2011, 01:47:19 PM
Starting p/g holes is a breeze. Use a pushpin or similar to bore a small pilot hole and viola! Use the internet to doublecheck, but I suspect most Fender neck cavities are a standard size  ("most", just doublecheck..mmmminternet)

Looks like a cool project awaits ye
Yeah! Thanks! Should be a cool little axe once it's complete. Bound maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, mother of pearl block inlays, nitrocellulose finish, completely 1966 - although I might see if I can get whoever makes the neck to put some kind of custom decal on it like the word "Fucker" where "Fender" would be, in the 1966 Fender "Spaghetti" logo font. I dunno.

Like this guy.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Vintage-VINTAGE-1966-FENDER-JAGUAR-SNBRST-9-10-MINT----104743826-i1724802.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=719016345

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 17, 2011, 02:01:43 PM
You can do it, buddy. what scale are Jagz? 25.5? If so, a strat neck will do, unless it has the tele heel? Strats and teles have different heels. Im going to guitar center. Ill play a jag for a few.

Jags are 24" scale, not sure about the heel.

Discö Rice

Hemisaurus

If you were scared of drilling holes, you could get a Les Paul Jr. wraparound bridge to fit those brass inserts, but then you are still left with the big hole where the tremblock should be.

Discö Rice

Nah, the Jag's trem is at least 1/3 of the fun. Just gonna have to man up and do it right.