Main Menu

Beta Lead and a strat...

Started by VOLVO))), August 11, 2011, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

It makes sense that the eq section of the Beta would pair nicely with the strat...sounds good.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Corey Y

MichaelZodiac

It sounds great. Have you dicked around with pedals and those 2 yet? I think you can get some doomy tones with it. Wino plays one with Shrinebuilder I believe. And his new band Premonition 13 as well.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

VOLVO)))

yeah, pedals also sound great.

I recorded a track with the set up. Soon as I finish loading it onto youtube, I'll post it in here. It's really rough, so, don't kill me.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

nonoman

No good deed goes unpunished.

VOLVO)))

So, I've been listening to a shitload of True Widow this week, and apparently this boring piece of shit shows that. I just wanted to make a track to exhibit some tonez.

High dollar strat I wish was mine - AC booster - Beta lead, for guitar.

Westone Thunder 1A - tone Wicker muff - Beta lead, for bass.

Ezdrummer for the shitty drums.

Open C#.

I'm not religious, I just like the dichotomy of me having songs that have Jesus/God in the title.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Blueberry Lazer

good shit mane. i gotta get ezdrummer now.

Jake

Cool track.

True Widow is the tits.

Carry on.
poop.

justinhedrick

sunn, this shit is good. make a whole cd.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: justinhedrick on August 23, 2011, 08:43:59 PM

Haha, thanks man. I may, I like writing that shit, but I doubt I could keep it interesting without vocals.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 24, 2011, 12:48:58 AM
Quote from: justinhedrick on August 23, 2011, 08:43:59 PM

Haha, thanks man. I may, I like writing that shit, but I doubt I could keep it interesting without vocals.

so . . . put some vocals on there!  :o

Hemisaurus

I think some of my favourite bands don't have vocals, or have very sparse vocals.

Stronghold Crvsader, Tombstoner, both vocal free, that I heard, Sleep has fairly sparse vocals in Dopesmoker. I kind of like a lot of repetitive riffing, that can build to a crescendo, did anyone hear the split Aquilonian (ex-Bongzilla) did? That's just an awesome 30 minute riff.

Basically Sunn, I like it even if you don't sing ;)

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 24, 2011, 11:26:22 AM
I think some of my favourite bands don't have vocals, or have very sparse vocals.

Stronghold Crvsader, Tombstoner, both vocal free, that I heard, Sleep has fairly sparse vocals in Dopesmoker. I kind of like a lot of repetitive riffing, that can build to a crescendo, did anyone hear the split Aquilonian (ex-Bongzilla) did? That's just an awesome 30 minute riff.

Basically Sunn, I like it even if you don't sing ;)

dopesmoker is one of those songs (albums, however you want to view it) that to me you don't even notice the vocals sometimes. it's so . . . trippy.

MichaelZodiac

That Aquilonian song is awesome and hardly ever vocals into it. Some instrumental bands can be boring though (kuch Pelican kuch).

Sleep, beyond point of discussion.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Discö Rice

Really great sound. Makes me even more excited about my project Jag.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RAGER

is there a free version of ezdrummer?
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

the sound on that track?

Nope, Rog. No freezdrummer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

EZDrummer/Superior Drummer are worth the $$, especially if you invest in good midi packs for beats (of which there are a lot for cheap).

I have a Beta Bass arriving next week. I may have to try it out with guitar as well sometime.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Corey Y on August 24, 2011, 05:27:04 PM
EZDrummer/Superior Drummer are worth the $$, especially if you invest in good midi packs for beats (of which there are a lot for cheap).

I have a Beta Bass arriving next week. I may have to try it out with guitar as well sometime.

Great amp on guitar.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 24, 2011, 05:30:29 PM
not so good on bass?

It's only 100 watts, and it doesn't have a fuckton of headroom, but it's still a killer head on bass...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

I loved my Concert Bass, before it exploded. So I'll probably dig the Beta Bass for its intended use. I don't know if I'll ever gig with it though, I was just planning on using it for some recording. Also, I use low wattage amps in general and compensate with more speakers usually...and I have little use for headroom.

Corey Y

Also, the Mental Waste demo linked in my sig was recorded with Superior Drummer 2.0 (made by Toontrack, who makes EZDrummer, just a different interface I think) and Toontrack midi packs, with a little editing. It may or may not make a good endorsement for their products, depending on how much you like or hate the music   :P