Pedalboard reccomendations?

Started by Instant Dan, August 03, 2011, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Need something that can hold my Deluxe Memory Man and seven other pedals.

spookstrickland

Build your own out of plywood or Aluminum and use Zip ties to hold your pedals down.  Then when you get everything like you want get Danny G to build you a road case.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Baltar

Samsonsite is your friend.  $11 at Goodwill.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Lumpy

Pine board at Home Depot, it's cheap sturdy and lightweight. You can even find a 'short end' sometimes, in their scrap bin. Or, people are throwing out wood all the time. Set your pedals up and figure out how much wood you need. Then zip ties (as mentioned... drill holes in the board to loop them through), velcro, or whatever.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

clockwork green

I'm too lazy for manual labor...I like NYC Pedalboards. The have a second level which I like better than having them all on the same level plus you hide the power supplies underneath.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bbottom

Check out some of the pedal boards over at rondo music. You can also find some decent unused ones on ebay for like $40-$50

liquidsmoke

spookstrickland

www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

fallen

From what I've tried the Pedaltrain ones are best. (homemade plywood in a briefcase, Pedaltrain board and a Road Rage flight case board)

Pretty cheap, light, low in the front and you can hide all your cables and power supply under the board.

Homemade with bike chain plates is fun to build though.

spookstrickland

Quote from: fallen on August 16, 2011, 06:09:58 PM
From what I've tried the Pedaltrain ones are best. (homemade plywood in a briefcase, Pedaltrain board and a Road Rage flight case board)

Pretty cheap, light, low in the front and you can hide all your cables and power supply under the board.

Homemade with bike chain plates is fun to build though.

What is a "Bike chain plate"?
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Baltar

They're the little washers on every single link on a bike chain.  You can use one on each corner of most "Hammond" cases (not Boss) and literally lock down the pedal to the board with screws.  Alternative to velcro.

fallen

Quote from: spookstrickland on August 17, 2011, 03:12:29 AM

What is a "Bike chain plate"?

This is a bit of a pain in the ass but it holds more solidly than anything else.

Baltar

Those are it!  And I stand corrected, looks like they work on BOSS and most other pedals.  Forgot BOSS have a screw on all four corners.  Good idea if you can commit to a specific set-up.

I used to have carpet on my board Version 2 & 2.5, really kind of a pain in the ass to do.  But the payoff was pretty cool.  Not practical for use in a dirty garage in North Detroit.  Idea scrapped.

Lumpy

The bike chain washers don't work on Digitech pedals (their screws are recessed) and some boutique pedals use larger screws which won't fit through a bike chain plate's holes. Still, they are super useful, just don't ding your pedals with your screw gun, when the bit jumps out ;) :(

I got mine on Ebay, you could maybe get some from a bike shop ???  maybe if your bro works there.

Ooh look, tutorial on how to roll your own:

http://www.effectsbay.com/2009/11/the-"bike-chain"-method-for-pedalboard-mounting/

VOLVO)))

Ace hardware sells 'em, they're like .08$ a piece.

I'd do it to mine, but I change shit out... a lot.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

VOLVO)))

I rock me a CNB pedal case. Rondo has 'em cheap.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

this question is asked from time to time and honestly i just cannot understand it.

scrap plywood-thrift store suitcase-velcro

???

Jor el

Choves,
Didn't you used to have your pedals on a strip of carpet roll-up?
What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Quote from: SunnO))) on August 17, 2011, 11:16:18 PM
Ace hardware sells 'em, they're like .08$ a piece.

I'd do it to mine, but I change shit out... a lot.

God dammit.

Well, mine are imported  8)

Chovie D

Quote from: Jor el on August 18, 2011, 03:13:00 PM

Choves,
Didn't you used to have your pedals on a strip of carpet roll-up?

no someone else. its alwasy just been a peice fo found scrap wood.

oh I know what your thinking of. yeah...I used to have a peice of foam padding that was stapled to one end of the board . the foam had velcro tabs on it at the end, so when the show was over I could literally roll my pedalboard over and it would close itself up into this padded foam ball and I could run off the stage with it in about 2 seconds.

these were the only three pedals i owned at the time and the tuner was the only one I paid money for. ma how times have changed.
the bad thing about the foam was, as you can see in the photo, it soaked up liquids beer specifically. The nice thing was you could be on and off stage literally as fast as you could flip over your pedalboard. long since retired that jammy....I didnt use a case with it unless we were touring. It fit in my backpack like this and i could hop on the subwayor walk down to cbgb's  to get to the gig

REALLY shitty design in restrospect..but most of our band gear was held together by duct tape and resin anyway...we didnt care.

Chovie D

Heres what I ran when I was playing steel and guitar on the same gigs for the past couple years, homemade, two tiered with a homemade custom switch box and patch bay built under the tier. The "Benbro" is a boss grpahic eq with the faders set to in a comb pattern to imitate a dobro.

I could have never bought a pedal board that allowed me this degree of customization. THIS is what i needed to do what i wanted to do, so i made it myself.

jibberish

paging danny g.....paging danny g.......

Lumpy

Mine is pine board but I screwed a couple of drawer pulls on either side, so I can pick it up without having to pry it up off the floor.

I guess I could grab a pedal and pull up, but that would be rude.  :P