Main Menu

buy my George L cables

Started by liquidsmoke, August 03, 2011, 02:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Where is that for sale thread?

I'm done with George L cables, had too many problems cutting them right and screwing the caps on tight enough, or so my guitar amp tells me.

So I'm selling my George L DIY kit plus 4 more plugs(14 plugs total). All are right angle. So I've got 7 made patch cables from 7" to 19" which you can use as is(1 or more sound scratchy and will need to be checked/re-cut) or re-cut/re-size them plus 33" more of cable and a few 4" scraps.
They are all clean, never gigged with, less than a year old.

In total I probably spent about $140 on all of this, asking $50 shipped. Reply here or message me.

liquidsmoke

Also have a used DiMarzio Air Norton pickup DP193FBK black, F spaced, 13 inches of wire left

$40 shipped.

spookstrickland

I was thinking about buying some for my pedal board but after hearing about your troubles I'll keep looking.  Sorry they worked out like that for you.  maybe you should write a letter to the company and see if you can get your money back.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

liquidsmoke

Quote from: spookstrickland on August 03, 2011, 03:50:29 AM
I was thinking about buying some for my pedal board but after hearing about your troubles I'll keep looking.  Sorry they worked out like that for you.  maybe you should write a letter to the company and see if you can get your money back.

They work fine if you cut the cables completely straight across and the wires touch inside but not so good if you/they don't. It's probably just one patch cable that is giving me problems but I'm just done with the whole thing. Custom lengths are nice but I can't have shit tone suddenly happen during a gig because a connection is slightly loose. Of course regular patch cables can suddenly go bad as well..

If you are willing to take the plunge I am offering a very good price.

Lumpy

Spook

You need to use a new razor blade if possible and don't squeeze the cable with the blade (don't distort the shape of the cable when you cut it, make a nice clean cut). It's a little painstaking to make them but it can be worth it.

I would only use them if you have a pedal board and everything's going to be velcro'd down semi-permanently... if you are plugging and unplugging your setup each time, go with regular cables IMO
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Baltar

Exactly what Lumpy said.  I've had a few problems with mine, but if you zip-tie and lock the wires down w/ a staple-gun they work just fine.  Also a little, and I do mean a little Loctite will keep the threads from coming undone.  I used to argue with my buddy about GL's but just a little prevention will cure the problem.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

VOLVO)))

Ill move this to the for sale thread, and bump it soon as I get home.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Nothing but good experiences with Lava pedalboard kits.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance