Main Menu

How long have you played??

Started by Isabellacat, July 29, 2011, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodofkings

Cello for about 25 years, bass for about 20 years, bassoon for about 19 years, guitar for about 15 years.
I can't crap for shit.

RacerX

wait...bassoon..the holy grail of doom instruments!
Livin' The Life.

Ayek

About 12 years, I think. Only been playing in bands for the past 8.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

wait cello AND bassoon " holy ???..holy grail batman!"  i have to sit down.   imma kidnap this guy and keep him in my basement strapped to a recording setup.

if he played cathedral organ too, ill start a new religion to worship him.

Isabellacat

Since we're including other instruments I'll have to add Piano and Violin since 1983.

First time I tried playing a guitar was back in '85.

the diddler

Started guitar in the early 80s, got in first band by '85.  Can't say there's been a ton of improvement in my playing over the years, but i do seem to be getting progressively louder.

LogicalFrank

17 years on guitar. I've played drums maybe two years and am still awful at it.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Woody

Started teaching myself how to play in 1998 at age 31. Still got a long ways to go.

Danny G

Started on guitar at age 14 in 1989. First sat behind a drumkit in 2003. Picked up the bass in late 2004. Now bass is my main instrument.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

I,Galactus

Piano since 1990.
Classical Guit since 1996.
'Lectric since 1999.

I should be lots better at all of 'em.  :(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Oh other instruments than the main one?

Blues harp since about 7 or 8. Given and taught by my sisters boyfriend around '76

Got my first drumset in '96.

Been dabbling in keys since highschool

Oh yeah and I got my first bass in about '94.  only been the bass player in 1 band though
No Focus Pocus

Wesogkan

Guitar at least 20 years...and no album yet, wow that's some pathetic shit right there isn't it? Messing on drums and bass here and there for years, but only recently acquired a decent set and still missing pieces. Never owned a bass...yet.

tossom

"Beige rock"

RacerX

Started out on trumpet in the 60s, switched to sax when I got braces in the '70s. I don't play either of those anymore.

First picked up the guitar in '72, started taking lessons in '74 and played for 15 years before giving it up for 11 years to race mountain bikes.

Started playing again in '01, so that's about 26 years total, I think. 
Livin' The Life.

johnny problem

Owned my electric since October 11th, 2005.  Started playing it since February 21st, 2008.

Chovie D

4th grade 1976, Puff the Magic Dragon and shit like that in music class at public school...(thats right, remember... before reagan they had music in public schools, including liberal hippie music teachers with guitars..then the gipper and michael j fox came along and conviced america we didnt really wanna pay for art or music for our kids, better to buy another dozen nuclear war heads that we are currently paying to dismantle).
first guitar was a  rented acoustic, first electric Hondo 2 les paul copy.
1979 bought a brand new fender stratocaster, with birthday and xmas money saved for the 3 years in between,which I still have.
so i dont know thats what 35 years? a little less?

pedal steel for 5 now, still suck asss

RacerX

Quotepedal steel for 5 now, still suck asss

That reminds me: I've been sucking at lap steel for over a year now.
Livin' The Life.

The Riffer

My first attempt was in 1977, I took about 4 or 5 lessons at the local store. Dropped that shit when dude said he'd NEVER teach me a Kiss song after I bought the Alive II sheet music book.

Then I bought an Electric and an MXR distortion pedal in 1982. Plugged that shit into the tape deck of my parents stereo and taught my self some Sabbath, Priest, Kiss and some traces of Maiden. Been an on and off love affair since.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Isabellacat

Oh yea I also first started playing bass in '96,after someone in my family got a '79 Fender Jazz bass (wish I still had that).

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

dogfood

In the misty past I learned piano but that didn't stick.  Got me an electric in '85 I wanna say.  Got my SG in '86.  First band in '88.  I still need more practice..
Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

Got my first guitar around '96 and a bass not too long after that but just goofed around trying to play death doom and black metal type stuff for awhile, I really had no idea what I was doing until I started trying to learn Cream and Blue Cheer songs around '00. I still suck balls but I started getting a lot more serious about a year and a half ago when I started jamming with a drummer and we decided to do a 2 piece metal band. We have 5 originals and have learned 2 covers. So I'm 33 and I've only written 5 full songs on guitar, well 6 if you count the heavy psych song I did a couple years back. Phase 3 will be playing out and recording a demo.

Harm

I've been drumming for two - almost going on three years and perhaps i might try guitar and bass after a while.
More faithfulfew right here.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Chovie D on August 01, 2011, 03:14:26 PM
4th grade 1976, Puff the Magic Dragon and shit like that in music class at public school...(thats right, remember... before reagan they had music in public schools, including liberal hippie music teachers with guitars..then the gipper and michael j fox came along and conviced america we didnt really wanna pay for art or music for our kids, better to buy another dozen nuclear war heads that we are currently paying to dismantle).
first guitar was a  rented acoustic, first electric Hondo 2 les paul copy.
1979 bought a brand new fender stratocaster, with birthday and xmas money saved for the 3 years in between,which I still have.
so i dont know thats what 35 years? a little less?

pedal steel for 5 now, still suck asss

Puff the Magic Dragon is a hella trippy song,right on.

My first electric guitar was a toy guitar from Toys 'R' Us that had a built-in amplifier. I even posted a pic of it in that Fugly Gear thread. First guitar I ever owned was an acoustic.