Main Menu

How long have you played??

Started by Isabellacat, July 29, 2011, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

I've been playing guitar since 1993,haters.

You?

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

well good. get in on the project. i told you i would host reaper and wavosaur so you can download them if u wanted them.

ive had my cortez LP copy since 1978, but really only dicked around with it.  i got serious about 2 years before i joined sr.com so im thinking 2002 ish. so lets say 9yrs, give or take, of serious playing and trying to learn the shit.

im a slow learner..heh  BUT i have so much fun....who cares. although i can play chords pretty sick now. i would say that is my strongest skill, rapid chord changes.

strangelight

since 1997. when i was 11.

i've neglected my guitars for the last 3 years or so because grad school's a 60-70/hr a week job and i feel guilty if i do anything other than work or sleep. but fuck that shit, i miss it.

justinhedrick

got my strat copy that i still have in 1994. got serious about playing in 1997. so . . . 14 years? man, i should be a lot better than i am . . .

black_out

since late '97ish. They offered guitar classes at my high school. They wanted to teach you how to read music and shit, but fuck that. I jammed to Zeppelin songs with my friends everyday for 3 hours and failed the shit out of that class.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

neighbor664

I got my first acoustic guitar in 1976. I dint really learn to actually play anything till I'd got an electric in 1984.

RAGER

Got my first guitar in 1984.  You'd think I'd be able to play circles around Ynwie by now but I can't.  I can just play circles around some of my friends.

Now I am depress.  Thanx :'(
No Focus Pocus

Metal and Beer

"Got my first real six string...oh at the Five an' Dime..played it 'til my fingers bled...was the summer of '69"

Actually it was '79, a three pickup blue Teisco Del Rey. I got my first "good" guitar in '82, a Gibson SG, one of the ones with the half-pickguard and harmonica bridge

I'm not even the oldest cat here, that's kinda nice.. haha
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Oh I'd say about 20, now coming up quick on 21 days.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

giantchris

Started playing bass in early 2002.  Guitar "seriously" in I'd say late 2009.  I didn't really take music seriously until 2007.  I was really sick in 2006 and couldn't play and found I missed playing a lot and threw myself into it when I got healthy.

Nowadays I work so much I don't play that much anymore :(  Its funny too because now I am actually pretty good on bass.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

mortlock

i started playing bass in december 1987 when i was 19..bought my first bass which was a black peavey T-40. the thing was awesome..the neck got a crack and i sold it to a friend..the crack was disclosed prior to the sale..btw. 

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Isabellacat on July 29, 2011, 05:09:53 PM

I've been playing guitar since 1993,haters.

You?
How long have you been making surveys ???

• current favorite riffs for jamming..  « 1 2 »    Isabellacat
  • Guitar poll: If you had to choose out of one of these guitars... « 1 2 »    Isabellacat
  • How long have you played??    Isabellacat    

eyeprod

since the summer of 87. I was 16. Sold my little street bike and bought a squire strat with a peavey rage and a cheapo flanger pedal.
CV - Slender Fungus

bass sic

I got my first bass for Xmas 78, but never made a real attempt to play till 1980. Since then I've been awesome. Probably the best ever. I'm huge in japan.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Ranbat

Just shy of 30 years unless you count a couple start and stops before then. Or the 5 years I took off from music. No guitar, no CDs, no radio. Well, talk radio.
Meh :/

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

justJon

I was playing cello in 1969 when I discovered rock 'n' roll (Zeppelin, Steppenwolf and Sabbath) Took me two years to afford my own drumkit, so...40 years?
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

jibberish

wait...cello..the holy grail of doom instruments.

a)do you still have one?
b) if so, do you still mess with it.
c) if so..u gotta make me tracks.

justJon

Nahh... I continued to play anthrough High School, but when college came around I sold it (for a pretty good price!) to get my (the?)first electronic drumkit, the simmons SD series of the early '80's.

I don't have that anymore, either.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

doomhawk

drums 95 > bass 97 > guitar 99 to present.

Isabellacat

First riff I learned on guitar was some Shonen Knife song. First song I learned in it's entirety was Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Wow you people that have been playing since the 70's/early 80's must be really good.

rayinreverse