squier classic vibe telecaster?

Started by kirky, July 28, 2011, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

anybody have a chance to play one of these? i guess they have a pine body like they made the 1st broadcasters from....

Lumpy

The other classic vibe Squiers I've looked at seemed nice (basses though) except there is one guitar with a tortoise pickguard that looks cheap and shitty (like tortoise wallpaper) but that's a Strat, and not that hard of a problem to fix. My local mega-store has a bunch of classic vibe Squiers, yours probably does too, call them up to see if they have one, and go look at it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

kirky

yeah, i'm sure my guitar center has some....but i was hoping for a little real world experience before i drag my lazy ass down there....i never feel comfortable really trying a guitar out in those places...kinda like having to go to the bathroom in front of people....

Lumpy

I don't play anything much at Guitar Center either, just for a few seconds. I can tell if I might like something right away... neck feels good, frets aren't poking out the sides, whole thing seems resonant, light, well-balanced, "fit and finish" seem good. Makes me think "not a piece of crap, I would be willing to try that" (I'm not shopping for anything, I'm actually trying to get rid of stuff). The neck is the most important part IMO, so if you don't like that, you move on. Or you decide to spend time with it.

Try to go on a weekday, before school gets out if possible.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

rayinreverse

I played a vintage Vibe strat that really fell in love with. I think you have to hunt them out though.

jibberish

i played the $1300 nashville tele at GC. thats the brown one, not the 3 grand honey one like mr mothertrucker plays.
as of right now, that clear bell-like tone is the best of all ive heard since i heard that and have been checking out other tele type guitars to find that sound on something for $200.  havent found it yet. 

i still might just grab an agile tele to get going with one.   ive had string-thru schecters. all guitars should be string-thru. that agile bass for 185 was such a score.  ill spokespeep for agile. im definitely getting a second bass from them.

grimniggzy

Not really sure about the telecaster but I LOVE the CV 60's Precisions

Baltar

I bought the CV Tele Custom w/ Ducan 90's a few years ago.  I really like it, but would let it go for $200 US/CAN w/ tweed hardshell.  They're pretty good guitars for under 300.  I changed the tuners to Grovers but the Duncans are nice and middy, not muddy.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

moose23

Heard good reports on the Teles and I love my Classic Vibe Jazz. If the neck feels right go for it.

Isabellacat

I like that guitar. Really dig the frets and stuff.

kirky

finally checked these out at guitar center....they are badass. the whole series is great. the basses are awesome too. i enjoyed playing them as much as their $1500 counterparts.

Worthless Willie

Oooh, I missed this thread.  Yeah, I have the '63 Custom, and it's really nice.  I also have the Jazz bass.  Killer as well.

Everything I've played from the Classic Vibe series has been top-notch.  I think I've played almost all the models now.

I think that in 20 years, these are going to be the equivalent of the 80's Japanese Strats.  So, buy a few, and stick 'em in your closet!
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

kirky

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yep, i'm gonna try and snap up used ones when possible.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

kirky

the classic vibe series is way nicer than the vintage modified series....fyi.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Chovie D

I wanted the CV bisgby tele but they only had em for a month and gave each guitar center like 1 to sell, so by the time I found out about em they were all long gone.