Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

The Babicz Full contact bridge.  It works. No buzz.

Vinyls.   deal.

Stonergrunge

My first amazon order in what... over 15 years?

The slide fits perfectly on my middle finger and on my ring finger it fits way better than my old Dunlop 210. Can't tell about the earplugs yet because there are different sizes included so I have to try them all first.

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

Quote from: Pissy on August 11, 2022, 08:24:58 PM
The Babicz Full contact bridge.  It works. No buzz.

So, not for any reason other than my memory banks, is yours a HSH route or swimming pool route? 
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I actually haven't removed the pickguard to see.  Standby.  It has SSS right now.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Probably not SSS route as they started doing swimming pool route or HSH to accommodate all the other variations. I think just reissues or signature models get the SSS.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Picked this one up too. 2019 (I think) Fender Mexican Tele in Burgundy Mist.  Body is Relic'd, neck isn't.  First Reverb purchase for me.  The guy said he hated the way his tech relic'd it.  I don't mind so much.  Gator skin case from GFS is on the way. 

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Learned that the body is from a Player series and the neck from a Blacktop which is an HH telecaster in traditional form vs like the Deluxe.  Neck is a little chunky and I like it that way.  Sound is typical of a telecaster, with fairly bright chime at the bridge, a little more low end in the middle position, but still bright, and pretty round on the neck pickup.  3 way switching. Body is routed at the neck for a humbucker if desired. 

Really digging this thing. Really digging my GAS relapse. 

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Goddammit! Now I want a Tele. I sold one a few years back after owning it briefly just because I didn't play it much. But I've been playing my Strat and Strat bodies quite a bit the last few months.

I don't need a dottdam Tele. Unless it's a really good deal.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

$385 shipped all in.  I offered him $350 shipped and he took it.  Tax here is 9.5% so yeah $385.  AND he was only about 200 miles so away so it got here on an Friday, pulled the trigger on Wed. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I'm the angel on your shoulder, not the debil.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

teles are the shit. if i played guitar id want one.

RAGER

Great for rambunctious noise rock cuz they bounce.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on August 12, 2022, 07:50:42 PM
wasnt all the early unsane played on a tele?

Pissy

You could build one with a body from over here and a neck over there.   That would be pretty fun.  Also, I found this searching for a "partscaster". The listing said it was beat to death, he hated it, please take it away from my house.... Deprecating stuff.   But I knew the neck was rosewood,  and it had NOT been relic'd based on the pictures.  I feel like I scored.   I love the color, the neck everything. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on August 12, 2022, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: RAGER on August 12, 2022, 07:50:42 PM
wasnt all the early unsane played on a tele?

Of all the times I've seen Unsane, I don't think I've ever seen Chris play anything other than a Tele and scream through an SM57. His amp is not what it looks like. From what I've heard over the years.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Also WHORES fir a more recent reference.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Took the boy to GC for drum lessons.  Found this used for $36.  Figured why not.  Never had a DS-1.

Then I figured out a power supply is $30.  Wtf happened to the price of those damn things?

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Fine Corinthian gatorskin case for the tele got here. 

Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Danny G

Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Pissy

I was given this resonator the other day. Jay Turser, not worth much, but I'm in the middle of sorting it out.  The bridge is weird.  I think it should be two pieces to allow access to a screw that controls tension to the cone. It also isn't notched for strings, and is plastic with no intonation graduation. 

Also has an annoying buzz when the open B string is plucked. 

Real Dobros have a hard maple/ebony bridge on them.  I think I'm going to make one with maple and rosewood since I don't have any ebony.  Working on this is a new adventure since I've never had any resonator guitars.  Plan on tuning it open G and sliding.  For use during conf calls and team meetings where I'm basically silent.
Vinyls.   deal.

Danny G

Whoah

Finally got a new bass gig bag. $60something on Sweetwater. All the reviews said "This is way nicer than I was expecting for a $70 gig bag." They are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com