Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

I'm learning that having a $2k + guitar isn't easy for me to maintain.  I bought a 1992 Les Paul about 18 months ago, and have failed to connect with it to this point.  I shouldn't be surprised really.  I've played them before, and never fell in love.  But for some reason having one was on my list, and a '82-'92 model in particular was what I wanted and got.  

But since I've gotten it, it feels like a chip I might need to cash in when times get lean.  For example, my kid will be attending college next fall, and I'll be staring at $15k/yr to fund it.  Not exactly easy to budget $1250 per month.  A Les Paul not being used could help me out a great deal, as other key pieces in my gear arsenal could.  

But I don't think any other piece in my collection has more of a bullseye on it than that one.  Like the crosshairs were trained as soon as it crossed the threshold.   I have a couple of basses that might get close to the same sell price, but I'm too connected to them to consider it.   It's almost the curse that goes with owning it - it's worth a lot, so it's difficult to keep.  
Vinyls.   deal.