Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

"Mole" seller backed out of our deal (on Reverb.com). Item "no longer available".  >:(
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Baltar

I had the LPB-1 for a while and swapped out input one of the input caps and realized that the Mole and Screaming Bird/Tree were all the same pedal. The only difference is the input/output caps located at the 1/4" jacks.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Baltar

I just got sent a GFS Lil' Puncher for my Tele. Coil-split and everything.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Baltar on March 13, 2018, 12:53:08 PM
I just got sent a GFS Lil' Puncher for my Tele. Coil-split and everything.

I put a GFS 63 overwound Tele bridge pup in my peavey t25 and it sounds amazing! I have a Duncan phat cat p90 in the neck and it makes a great combo......29 dollars and even for triple that price it's great!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Baltar

My Eastwood SG has a Vintage '59 in the bridge and Dream 180 in the neck. I swear by 'em.

bbottom

Well I wanted a surfy blue jazz bass (because I also play in an instrumental surf rock band)  and that's exactly what I got, a 2010 MIA Gnl JB.

This thing absolutely crushes any other American Fender jazz bass that I've owned. The neck is stupid fast , and the pickups are fantastic. I love not having to do shit to these basses outside of cosmetic stuff.   The jazz came with all of the case candy and I can't find a single mark  on the thing.

I'm really happy that this thing got here so fast because we're recording a few tracks on Sunday and I wanted to use a jazz on at least one of them.  I have a tort PG and cream colored pup covers on the way to throw on this thing to make it a real panty dropper!

Here's the updated family picture

mortlock

nice collection bbottom.

ive been searching for my dream bass for a long time which is either a black alembic spoiler or a black wal mk1. both hard af to find especially in black. well I just found a used wal mk1. its a 1986 gloss black model. has some wear but it looks great for a 30 year old bass. dude wants $5000. I knew it would be expensive. id love to find a way to land this thing but prob wont happen. fuck.

Pissy

G&L basses are really nice.  That El Toro that i have is beat to shit and is still performs very well.
Vinyls.   deal.

bbottom

I freaking love GnL's basses....as if you couldn't tell. I've tried a few of the tribute models and they're the best budget bass that I've ever played. So whenever someone is looking for a new bass that's $500 and under I always recommend those things.

bbottom

The tort PG came in today along with pup covers. Now it's ready to rock!!

mortlock

Quote from: bbottom on April 21, 2018, 05:08:50 PM
The tort PG came in today along with pup covers. Now it's ready to rock!!

i didnt think it could get any better. thats beautiful. i love the white pup covers.

Lumpy

Tortoiseshell pickguards look good with everything, pretty much.

Stonergrunge

Behold this humongous pro level gear designed for arenas and stadiums. Nice birthday presents indeed and very funny to use. It's curious though that the speaker sounds better when the OD is engaged, when the amp is set clean the speaker tends to buzz like crazy.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

A few things I've gotten recently

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I know about the first and last one, but what are the middle two?

RAGER

The second pic is The NDLR. It's a pad and arpeggio key generator that can control several synths. In that pic is a Novation Peak 8 voice dac controlled analog synth.

The second is a RAT clone but more of an overdrive too. Makes my old Marshall sound even more Marshall.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oh yeah. Got this a few months back. 1969 Marshall 100 top cab to match my 69 Super Bass.  I put the grill cloth and logos on it and loaded it it's WGS Green Berets. It's got the toanz

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

The new-ish Big Muff reissues (Green Russian and Op Amp) are great. I hated the NYC Muff and didn't like the Black Russian muff, but I really like these a lot. You can find them for $60 used or B-stock, including shipping. I haven't tried the Triangle Muff reissue, but if I see a deal on one, I'll buy it.

RAGER

What's a deal and I'll buy one and let you know.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

The other Muff reissues are selling for $60, but I only see the Triangle one for $80 so far. That one is germanium, supposed to be ideal for smoother for a 'violin' type tone - not really my style, but I would get one anyway, just to have it on hand.

The Green Russian muff is thick and burly, the Op Amp one really brings out the upper harmonics, or whatever you'd call it (the mids and highs sound awesome). But those two have a lot of  overlap (you can get a lot of the Green Russian tones on the Op Amp Muff, and vice-versa, just by pushing the tone knob one way or the other).

Submarine

New guitar day!  Surfs up!

Bro. Righteous

Fuck me Rage, that Marshall rig is fucking righteous...if only I knew how to post pics
on this god-forsaken site, I can show you cats the '71 120-Wattter Sunn 1200S and 70's
silver-cloth Double Fender cabs -  It's beastly.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

RAGER

Get an imgur account, upload your pics, click on your pic, right click or hold your finger for iPad iPhone, click copy post link, paste that between the img brackets. Voila. Took me a few tries to figure it out.

Yeah my Marshall sounds fukn evil. Just need to find that bottom cab.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

You don't have to have an Imgur account unless you want to save your photos there for future reference. For disposable Imgur uploads with no sign-in, go here:

https://imgur.com/upload

After your pic is uploaded, click on it to "open in new window" (is that right click? I forget) and copy the address, which you paste in-between the img and /img tags. Your link must say .jpg or .gif at the end, otherwise it's not a direct link. Only direct links work.

Once you've done this a few times, it only takes 5 seconds.

Here's my bass rig, with my MIJ P-Bass (made in Japan):

RAGER

Oh shit. At first I thought it was one of the rare made in Jerusalem p basses. ????
No Focus Pocus