This baby arrived today in the mail!

Started by Pundan, April 05, 2011, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Pundan on April 05, 2011, 03:24:26 PM

very nice
http://www10.speedyshare.com/files/27802016/download/IMAG0009.jpg

for those, like me, who couldn't see it at first. :)

You didn't get a 200? or the infamous JC 400?

Hey, hang on, what's this mid crap? Where's the Drive and the Baxendall Bass/Treble? Did you put a Fender tone stack in it :'(

Discö Rice

Maybe he wants to scoop the mids on his new Matamp...

:'(
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

Dunno, I looked at the site, I guess they do the mid stack, with no drive on the GT1 & GT40, the GT-120/200 is the old Depth/Drive Bass/Treble Presence tone stack.

Sorry I guess I just get in a religious fervour about Baxendall tone stacks  ;D

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Hemisaurus

It's kind off like buying a Mustang, with a Pinto engine ::)

bloodofkings

I can't crap for shit.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

No I'm not Lippy but due to his absence and lack of that phrase someone had to do it when a nice piece of gear got shown off.
I can't crap for shit.

LogicalFrank

Definitely someone needs to pickup Lippy's slack. I applaud your efforts.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

core9

Where is Lippy? 

I had one of those GT1's and wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought I would be.  I was hoping for a more fuzzzzzzy gain, but it is a more traditional gain style.  I ended up with a new GT120 and couldn't be happier, I just pair it up with my Green Legend and a D*A*M Meathead and it's fucking THICK! 

Not trying to rain on your parade, it's a great amp with a lot of versatility, but it just wasn't for me.  Looks really nice with the red on black!

Pundan

Hey all. I'm really satisfied with the amp, haven't been able to play it as much as I wanted so I smoked a bong today and hit the jam room. It's fucking loud when in non-master mode. I don't really have anything to record with that will serve it justice - but I can bring a shitty Tascam next time. Ofcourse it's not everybody's cup of tea, as core9 said it's more of a traditional gain style. I'm not really in to that super fuzzy style, and I did visit the Matamp factory and try this out before I bought it so I knew what was coming.

Any new gear purchases lately?

Volume

I'm sure it sounds as great as it look. I've never had the chance to try out a Matamp, how is it compared to a Orange od-120?

Pundan

Quote from: Volume on April 08, 2011, 02:44:06 AM
I'm sure it sounds as great as it look. I've never had the chance to try out a Matamp, how is it compared to a Orange od-120?
I've never had the chance to try out a Orange OD-120 :P I live in Sweden, the country without decent amps. So I travelled to Huddersfield, UK to try this one out.

Discö Rice

I hope Wesogkan read that. NO DECENT AMPS IN SWEDEN.

Volume

Quote from: Pundan on April 08, 2011, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: Volume on April 08, 2011, 02:44:06 AM
I've never had the chance to try out a Orange OD-120 :P I live in Sweden, the country without decent amps. So I travelled to Huddersfield, UK to try this one out.

Heh, well I live in Finland, the country with even less decent amps. I actually bought mine from a swede, Dango from Truckfighters.

Hemisaurus

She'll need some Swedish history, Europe welcomes Yanks about as much as the Yanks welcome the Europeans, when it comes to immigration. Which is not a great deal. :-\

Spoken as one who has done it.

Discö Rice

Well if I ever move to Europe, I'll leave my stetson hat and six guns at home.

Hemisaurus

You misunderstand. They don't want you as a resident, with or without your six-guns.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 08, 2011, 02:20:45 PM
You misunderstand. They don't want you as a resident, with or without your six-guns.
Then I'll bring my six guns.