Main Menu

My gear...

Started by VOLVO))), March 31, 2011, 12:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I was sitting on the floor tonight, in my jam space, just staring off into space. I realized, Almost ALL of the floor space is occupied by my gear. Drums/amps/pedalboards/guitars/cases... I even have more shit at my house. I'm at something like 15 guitars... I don't need all of these guitars, what the fuck. I started thinking which ones I play the most, and started to decide I was going to sell some shit. I started opening cases, and immediately started putting shit in the "keep" pile. When I was done... all of the guitars were in the keep pile. I suck at selling things. I can't sell any of the amps, took me too long to get them. I can't sell any pedals, I use most of them, the ones I don't use are stupid expensive, so I don't want to hock them. Can't sell the drums, It's the last drum kit I'm ever going to buy, they're great. I just have so much, it's kind of overwhelming...

The fucked up thing about this picture is that all of those heads aren't even all the heads I owned at that point. There were still two more Beta leads at the jam space, A Sunn Sonaro, Nonoman's Butcher, a VTM120 and 60, and a Concert Lead... Since then I've sold the V2(regret it,) gotten rid of the Ultra+, the 5150II doesn't leave the closet/roadcase, The Laney went to a new home, The Univox went on a long vacation... and I miss ALL of them.

I'm just going to have to drop the axe on anything that I'm not using ALL the time. I want some space/life/money back... So I can buy more gear with the money.

Fuck me.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

I know what you mean, ever since I got a job that pays well, I have been spending mad crazy on gear. The same problem is it is hard for me to sell. Hell I decided to keep a couple of pedals I was planning to sell along with a Dimarzio SD because I might have use for them down the road. Yet I need to have money left over for my other pursuits AKA My Life. Hell, I am not even jamming with anyone right now and I am buying gear like I am joining a My Bloody Valentine band.

Out of curiousity, how do those 8 knob Laney AOR's sound by itself? Then compared to a JCM 800?

I always heard the 8 knob ones were lame compared to the six knob version.

VOLVO)))

The 8 knob Laney sounded pretty rad. VERY British. Cut well, was damn loud. The Marshall pissed all over it, volumewise and tone wise. I was sad. I sold it for 300 bones to a buddy, after retubing it.

The thing is, I don't really put my self in financial situations when I buy gear. I just... buy. I'll update this as I sell shit. I already have a list of shit I can't sell...

Beta leads, Concert Lead, JCM800, Sonaro, Fender 2x15, my handmade cabs, any of my pedals, 12-13 of those guitars... it's fucking long. I hate myself.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dogfood

Swampy,

on the subject of pickups...the uppickers in my fiddle are j.s. moore V-59's.  look into this guy, his shit is fucking solid.  the 59's are EXACTLY what they are supposed to be, not overwound, slightly edgy, sweet, transparent.  The guy tried to talk me out of the 59's, said don't you really want some more wound smoother more gain pups?  I responded "gain I got in spades, twinkle toes, but you can't get Steve Vai/asshat signature pups to sound un shitty.  he sent me the pickups I asked for.  on a side note-my mik Tradition S2000+bone nut+new caps+pups=Sweet Home Alabama.     
Problem solving whiskey!

Instant Dan

Dogfood, checked 'em out. Those Tres Hombres sound awesome. Might do it here if I find the Rio Grande BBQ ends up not suiting my needs.

johnny problem

Nothing wrong with your situation, not one bit of it.  If you were hoarding dirty kleenex or cat poo, then I'd worry.

You sir, have the makings of an incredible collection, keep up the great work.