The OA

Started by neighbor664, December 18, 2016, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Damn it Netflix, you did it again! There goes another weekend.

sleestak

Just finished the first episode like 3 minutes ago.   Had trouble getting into it at first but was drawn in by the end.  Pretty cool and looking forward to the next episode.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

amadkins

Finished it last night with the wife. It was all quite good until the last 10 mins or so. Still worthwhile even with the subpar ending. Hope they leave it alone and avoid any subsequent seasons.

MadJohnShaft

I liked it more as it went along, just have the final episode left
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Bro. Righteous

Aboot 3-episodes in, interesting so far in a mellowish, post trippy high kinda way.
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

neighbor664

I still have the last episode to watch. This was pretty good.
I went in hoping for a dark version of `Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' meets `Strange Things'. Though I don't feel that was quite what it turned out to be, I don't feel that expectation was too far off base either.

neighbor664

amadkins

MadJohnShaft

Kind of a rip off ending

sleestak

I dug the ending. 

MadJohnShaft

We'll find out in OB

socket

Only watched 2 so far. Keep finding other shit to do, damnit!
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

The Shocker

Ending was cornball, but still affecting.  Overall, liked it.

sleestak

The whole thing was cornball.   Why does the lead girl have rat teeth?

The Shocker

Was watching on my phone at work. Teeth didn't seem that bad. Don't plan on going back to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socket

I liked it. Even the "cornball" ending (which I totally agree with). Anyway, It was well done, and fun. It was in the vein of Stranger Things but pushing limits of weird. Remember when a show like Twin Peaks could be on real TV? Holy shit. Just too young to appreciate it at the time, but that is blowing my mind right now. I have been trying to make plot connections and shit about this show all day now. It was pretty dark. Tons of suicidal themes. Pretty strong stuff. I guess I'll have to watch it again.... FUCK! When does the VR version come out?

TL;DR: I enjoyed the OA. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

The Shocker

After a few days reflection, I still wonder how much of her stories were bullshit.   

Dylan Thomas

I'm also three episodes in.  It's pretty cool, pretty weird.  I can get down with that.

Why didn't any of you mention that Sharon Van Etten acts in this series though?????  WHY???? *swoons*
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Dylan Thomas

Okay, finished the first season.  The last episode was weird, though I wasn't bothered by it.  It worked just fine for me, I was expecting a much more egregiously offensive cop out type explanation, Lost style or something.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.