RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

Deleted, got a summary for us?

RacerX

Still got it cached...

$500.oo OBO(or best offer)

Gibson SG pre-1961 Release 1960 Prototype Model

I am not a expert on this because its just a family heir loom but the story on this guitar is that my Grandfather used to work for Gibson and this is a prototype model made by him that he suggested to the company and the particular model of this SG wasn't put into production but it is a working guitar with Real Gibson Deluxe Tuners(I guess these tuners alone can go for 200 on EBay but I don't screw around with them cause its a pain in the ass I don't wanna bother to ship anything and it costs money to list)

I guess originally this Guitar had some strange paint job that would turn blue in darker light and red when in a well lit room or in the sun but my grandfather gifted this guitar to my great grandfather and when he died my dads cousin got it and didn't take very good care of it and it was exposed to some weather and all the paint cracked and chipped so my dad got the guitar from his cousin and re-finished it this orange color and painted it in a cold room and the paint got some slight ripples in it

anywho my dad doesn't play guitar and he gave it to me and I really would prefer not to sell it but I need the money

so that's the long and short of it maybe this guitar interests you like I said it is fully functional plugged in or not it works and holds tune

CALL or TEXT Justin @ 505-331-0767

$500.oo OBO

Livin' The Life.

spookstrickland

500 dollars is not a lot of money to bother with so I'm thinking that this was written by a Vindictive Ex-Wife or Girlfriend who did not get that dream vacation she always wanted because her man bought a guitar on a whim and now she is lying in wait to cave in the head of any guitar player who shows up to purchase this beauty.

Quote from: RacerX on March 26, 2011, 07:45:26 PM
Still got it cached...

$500.oo OBO(or best offer)

Gibson SG pre-1961 Release 1960 Prototype Model

I am not a expert on this because its just a family heir loom but the story on this guitar is that my Grandfather used to work for Gibson and this is a prototype model made by him that he suggested to the company and the particular model of this SG wasn't put into production but it is a working guitar with Real Gibson Deluxe Tuners(I guess these tuners alone can go for 200 on EBay but I don't screw around with them cause its a pain in the ass I don't wanna bother to ship anything and it costs money to list)

I guess originally this Guitar had some strange paint job that would turn blue in darker light and red when in a well lit room or in the sun but my grandfather gifted this guitar to my great grandfather and when he died my dads cousin got it and didn't take very good care of it and it was exposed to some weather and all the paint cracked and chipped so my dad got the guitar from his cousin and re-finished it this orange color and painted it in a cold room and the paint got some slight ripples in it

anywho my dad doesn't play guitar and he gave it to me and I really would prefer not to sell it but I need the money

so that's the long and short of it maybe this guitar interests you like I said it is fully functional plugged in or not it works and holds tune

CALL or TEXT Justin @ 505-331-0767

$500.oo OBO

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

VOLVO)))

I'm going to go ahead and say that it was a load of shit. "My grandfather's grandfather..." is a pretty good way to allude to something being old.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

ya never know.

Friend told me a story. He saw a mercedes in the clasifieds for $500. every week it was there. $500 mercedes benz. Finally he called and asked what the cathc was ...was it a toy? NO, real car. He went to see the car. It was a  beautiful early 90's mercedes benz in good shape. he asked again what the catch  was why was it only $500. The owner had died and left in his will that the profits from the sale of the car would go his mistress instead of his wife. bam.

justinhedrick

i don't know. it COULD be true, i guess. it would make sense to brand a guitar that is shaped liked that with one of the most recognizable names in music at the time (Les Paul). so maybe it got it's start like this, then got refined later on?

Chovie D

Quote from: justinhedrick on March 28, 2011, 05:30:17 PM
i don't know. it COULD be true, i guess. it would make sense to brand a guitar that is shaped liked that with one of the most recognizable names in music at the time (Les Paul). so maybe it got it's start like this, then got refined later on?

many 61, 62 and 63 les pauls were built on the thin bodied double cutaway shape that is now know as the SG. They said Les Paul on the truss rod cover, but were shaped like SG's. Gibson is known to have made many protypes. Elvis guitar player played an SG shaped les paul before they were released, it was a prototype.

justinhedrick

according the all powerful wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_SG

it seems like les paul SGs were produced in 1959. interesting.

oh well. i guess no one will ever know.

eyeprod

maybe he left out a zero? Alan, you should post a follow up reply to see if you can learn if someone got it for $500
CV - Slender Fungus