Main Menu

Peavey Fest!

Started by hayseed, March 26, 2011, 12:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

I just picked up a Peavey 1510-T FEST for a little over $100! 2x15, 2x10, and 3 tweeters!  ABSOLUTELY GROSS! I plan to run my Coli 300 through it. Also have a Peavey T-40 (natural ash) with original case on its way as well. I can't believe i now own this much Peavey gear. I used to be a firm believer in "friends don't let friends buy Peavey" but i gotta tell ya my buddy's VTM60 really changed my thoughts on that brand. I have owned tons of Peavey gear (and Crate) over the years and always considered it throwaway gear but it was ALWAYS built to last .And it did. After the nukes hit, it will be cockroaches and Peavey gear that survive! ha! Anyway i am very excited about these purchases and hopefully when i receive the gear it is in good shape and sounds killer.

Anybody using Peavey gear care to chime in? Lovers? Haters?

"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

beerrhino

the peavey t-40 is one SERIOUS piece of gear!

VOLVO)))

nonoman rocks my old Butcher. I rock a T-60, sold a T-40 (regret it to death,) I've also bought/sold/traded/owned/still have a VTM60, VTM120, Butchers, Rockmaster, shitloads of solid-state bass heads, 4x12s, 4x10s, 2x15s... I fuckin' love peavey.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

giantchris

I've got a Peavey 1516 as my main cab.  1x15 and 2x8.  Built like a brick and sounds great.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

beardofcthulhu

I knew I'd turn your ass to the dark side Hays!  Seriously, if I can get my hands on a USA Peavey, I'll take it over anything.  ANYTHING.
Peace through volume.

Discö Rice

If you decide you hate that t-40 you call me. Uh... Bmail me, anyway.

Jor el

Way back in the olden times I had a TNT-80 for some reason.
What Would Scooby Do ?

spookstrickland

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

beardofcthulhu

I don't know about that, Spooky.  Peavey is still relevant.  No offense, of course, to any Sunn0))) fans.  I had a Sunn Concert Bass head, and it was solid as a rock.  I'd still take a Peavey over it though.
Peace through volume.

hayseed

Quote from: spookstrickland on March 26, 2011, 12:31:27 PM
Peavey is the new Sunn

I am running a Sunn head with Peavey cab...i am more trendy than everyone! HA ha!

Seriously though, I picked up this Peavey cab for $105! Try getting a Sunn cab for that....
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Danny G

While not all their gear sounds all that good, yes Peavey shit will survive the 2012 Earth Changes. Hell, there is a Peavey logo in the Mayan calendar that predicts so. OK, that is not true.

I used a Peavey Supreme 160 for 10 years as my first amp, and it was reliable as hell and not too shabby sounding for being SS. Used the distortion on it and sounded great. But then I discovered tube amps, bought a Marshall (after trying to buy my bandmate's VTM120, but she wouldn't sell it). Would still love to have one as a backup.

The matching 4x12 cab for the Supreme 160 had to go after my first real studio session with it yielded less than passable results.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

justinhedrick

i have a peavey VTM 60 that i love. the tolex is all messed up but it still sounds awesome. i bought it in the parking lot of a circle k. best $150 i've ever spent.

nonoman

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 26, 2011, 12:44:17 AM
nonoman rocks my old Butcher.

With pride and wild abandon!
No good deed goes unpunished.

zachoff

I dig my T-40... It's not my gig bass, but it's a home practice bass for sure.  I also have an old Earth Super Bass, which is basically a Peavey Musician from the same era.  Good stuff for sure.

spookstrickland

No offense to Peavey or Sunn I play and cherish both.  I just see the tipping point now were old Peavey gear is going to be bought up and horded until the price goes through the roof like Sunn.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

beardofcthulhu

Then I'm glad I bought up and hoarded before that happened..lol.
Peace through volume.

Lumpy

Peavey has probably manufactured more stuff than Sunn did (just a guess though). Peavey prices are not going up, as far as I can tell (there may be some rare exceptions, but generally not).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Instant Dan

I have seen those Peavey T-40's going up at least 50 or 100 dollars on ebay.

Discö Rice

That's what happens when people are honest about shit. We need some disinformation in the mix. Here goes...

"Peavey is run by child molestors. Buy Crate."

spookstrickland

Quote from: Instant Dan on March 27, 2011, 11:05:34 AM
I have seen those Peavey T-40's going up at least 50 or 100 dollars on ebay.

Those things are awesome.  I got one in mint condition from my buddy.  It is really fat and thick sounding but with bight, kind of like a less paul jr.

www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

hayseed

Quote from: giantchris on March 26, 2011, 01:11:38 AM
I've got a Peavey 1516 as my main cab.  1x15 and 2x8.  Built like a brick and sounds great.

i would love to see pics of it if you have any

giantchris

Quote from: hayseed on March 29, 2011, 12:50:14 AM
Quote from: giantchris on March 26, 2011, 01:11:38 AM

i would love to see pics of it if you have any
I don't but this is an excuse for me to take pics of my rig anyways I'll go borrow my sisters camera and take some tomorrow (Wed) morning.  I have a pretty cool bass 2.

yesca

anybody have any experience with the Peavey Mark III? my bassist picked that up along with a 1x15 cab i think awhile back. honestly it doesn't sound that great

justinhedrick

the mark III is a weird beast. that is the amp with the 2 independent channels and the graphic eq, right? our bass player had one for YEARS. he never seemed to get the "blanket" off the speakers, you know? he ended up buying a sansamp bass pedal and just running it into the power amp . . . SOUNDS GREAT NOW!