The Walk

Started by mortlock, October 05, 2015, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

I saw the doc on philippe petit called man on a wire. it was really interesting. its pretty mind blowing to think this guy actually pulled this off. major league balls.

I def need to see this movie. 

socket

Was just talking about this last night. Agreed. Want to see.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

mortlock

my jazz/noise band NPV had a release dedicated to him. i also used a photo from the day petit crossed the towers for a show flyer once.

'crossing towers' 3" cdr [rainbow bridge recordings, 2010]
- this rochester trio uniquely combines horn abuse, transistor radio frequencies, pummeling bass and ethereal synth-scapes to form an original, demented, mysterious brand of ambient noise. recorded live at goodbye blue monday in nyc.

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Lumpy

"Man on Wire" was rad. I don't see how a docu-drama can top that.

Quote from: mortlock on October 05, 2015, 11:28:03 PM
my jazz/noise band NPV had a release dedicated to him. i also used a photo from the day petit crossed the towers for a show flyer once.

'crossing towers' 3" cdr [rainbow bridge recordings, 2010]
- this rochester trio uniquely combines horn abuse, transistor radio frequencies, pummeling bass and ethereal synth-scapes to form an original, demented, mysterious brand of ambient noise. recorded live at goodbye blue monday in nyc.

Hey, I was at that show!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

Quote from: Lumpy on October 06, 2015, 05:59:18 AM
"Man on Wire" was rad. I don't see how a docu-drama can top that.

The 3D (if you like 3D) is supposed to be spectacular.  Giving people vertigo...

Danny G

Just saw in 3D imax

I was squirming. A lot. Was awesome.

Man on Wire was awesome as well.

See both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com