Main Menu

The New GAS Thread

Started by jibberish, August 10, 2015, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

I could fill this myself, but what I really want is an Egnator rebel 30

I need to experience that output tube blend feature.

edit: I see they have a switch with a dummy speaker load for recording. wasn't thinking about recording with it direct, but they saved me a mod like I had to do on the Greta amp if I ever do record direct with it...if I ever get it, that is.

everdrone

forumites have been insighting gas attacks in me

polytune clip

this 212 cab with my ultralight specs: http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/XFCabs.html

orange OR15 head

jibberish

Quote from: everdrone on August 10, 2015, 06:50:08 AM
forumites have been insighting gas attacks in me

polytune clip

this 212 cab with my ultralight specs: http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/XFCabs.html

orange OR15 head
I was looking at those redesigned cabs. someone is thinking.
of course, to me, laziness is thee mother of invention
IF I had a pair of 2x 12's. I would set them on end and screw them into a plywood base slightly angled into each other, and then tilt the base back = instant 4x12 like his designs
I am so ghetto, I admit. but I would have a rig like his in less than 15minutes heh.

everdrone

w3rd up!

I dig, ya no need to stack the 212s any angles, I just tilt mine on their sidez

but they each weigh 60 pounds, I want a 30 pound 212, but ya no need for it currently, nice to have in a pinch so you dont have to lug all that shizzle aroundz

jibberish

I am watching your lightweight gear quests.  from lugging around this test rig, i'm already contemplating final designs which will definitely include lighter weight everything. haha
also, from what spook has gone through and the things you have come up with, I don't believe I would have 4 x 12's. I would have pairs of 2 x 12's = 4x12 with some of the wiring on the outside. total weight would be a bit more, but each single 2 x 12 would be way easier to lug around

everdrone

I own two Orange 212PPC cabs

two Gallien Krueger 410 ultralight cabs

thats it :)

I could not fit a 412 in my toyota corrollla anywayz

liquidsmoke

the original puts out too much low end

minus the tweeter hole

Eminence Deltalite II 2515

Beta Cloud

Quote from: jibberish on August 10, 2015, 06:40:28 AM
I could fill this myself, but what I really want is an Egnator rebel 30

I need to experience that output tube blend feature.

edit: I see they have a switch with a dummy speaker load for recording. wasn't thinking about recording with it direct, but they saved me a mod like I had to do on the Greta amp if I ever do record direct with it...if I ever get it, that is.

two friends of mine that bought these sold them within a year. not because they sucked, (they sound great!), but because both found them to have TOO many options and just wanted a straightforward good tube amp sound.

one bought an orange thunderverb and the other a marshall jubilee reissue.

to each his own, yadda yadda. if i wanted a great amp for a ton of cool studio sounds, i'd probably get the egnator and call it a day.
why does it hurt when i pee?

jibberish

^ good information right there.     now I REALLY want it haha.