Main Menu

I cannot bear the sound of...

Started by dogfood, July 02, 2015, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

Ovation guitars.  Nope, can't stand'm, not one bit. 
Problem solving whiskey!

everdrone

Danny G

I take it you mean the ones with the plastic backs.

Not a fan either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RacerX

Some of their old electrics are cool.

The Preacher:

Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Deacon/breadwinners are also cool.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Jake

Mine sounds like pure rock 'n roll.

poop.

everdrone

I dig my ovation plastic bowl acoustic; prolly has plastic throughout the body to get that great tone ;) .

Would I trade it for a Taylor Koa cutaway?  In a heartbeat!  not in the cards for me though in the next 10 years methinkz.

everdrone

recorded a song with my plastic bowl ovation acoustic today:

jibberish

im glad you demo'd that ovation. I was in GC on thursday and I was only going thru all the <$200 acoustic guitars, but really going through them. they almost all have a similar sound, especially the thin cutaway ones with pickups. they all have fishman electronics now.   some were horribly twangy like Walmart level, but mostly they had a meh plastic sound like that ovation. I would say modern technology has caught up to that ovation for a fraction of the price. those were the shit in 1975 for real. you were a god if you had one.

everdrone

I tried my hand at equuualizing my ovation again to make it a more bearable sound, check it, zeppelin "tangerine":

dogfood

Jib, Baby, glad you are returned.
Problem solving whiskey!

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

zachoff

Never found a double humbucker bass I like... Just haven't.

bbottom

I can't stand the sound of slap bass. If I go into a music store and someone is doing it I turn around and walk out.