So, Jurassic World

Started by The Shocker, June 14, 2015, 05:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

I think Mad Max ruined it for me for at least a while on special effects movies using CGI.  Was never able to suspend any disbelief.  Yes, I know it is Dinosaurs.  Man, plot was a rehash of all the previous ones (playing god, not understanding what they had created, evil/greedy corporations/military).  Still, when some of the action scenes got going I was into it.  Also, at least a couple of the action sequences were straight rips of Aliens.

B- for me
A- for Andrew

MadJohnShaft

Bryce Dallas Howard was nice to look at and Chris Pratt carried the movie

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

sucked.

I mean it wasn't that bad if you just wanted to see tons of action.

sucked.

Dave J

Despite the fact that it was predictable and a rehash of the same themes and plot points, I thought it was the most entertaining of them all. Bryce certainly was nice to look at.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

mortlock

ez

Quote from: Dave J on June 15, 2015, 08:50:46 PM
Despite the fact that it was predictable and a rehash of the same themes and plot points, I thought it was the most entertaining of them all. Bryce certainly was nice to look at.

This, except change to "most entertaining of the sequels". Nothing beats the first one.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?