Main Menu

G&L bass score!

Started by hayseed, March 14, 2011, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

Gonna pick this baby up this week. Got it used from Craigslist. G&L Tribute 2000 .....I  love new stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Hemisaurus

Very pretty G&L the real Fender ;)

Still, where's the neck pickup?

hayseed

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 14, 2011, 03:54:50 PM
Very pretty G&L the real Fender ;)

Still, where's the neck pickup?

I know...all that space that was wasted between the neck and what could have been the middle pickup. i will make due i guess.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

grimniggzy

ROWDYBEER

Those are sweet. My bassist just scored on and it sounds awesome.

LogicalFrank

G&L makes some very fine fiddles. Congrats. I will get one myself one of these days.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

zachoff

Rad!  What'd you pay for it out of curiosity?  I got one a couple weeks ago as well and think it's sick.  How do you have the controls set up?  I have mine both pickups, passive, and series with the vol and bass full and roll off the treble a bit... Maybe a 1/4 turn.  Anyway, here's mine.  Stoked on it for sure.

giantchris

I had an L-2000 once best neck EVER and it balanced perfectly.  Hated the controls though I'm a simple man I prefer P basses nowadays I only want a knob or 2.  I want an SB-2 really badly :o

How much did you swipe that guy for?

hayseed

$325. I should be picking it up this week from the guy.
I also love my PBass but the one i currently have is meeting up to my standards. Its a 98 MIM standard(midnite wine) and i think it needs a new neck. I have had it adjusted twice and it still has a lot of buzz on the frets. The pickups are unbelievably hot as well. I will see how i feel about it after i get the G&L. I may trade it in on another PBass though.

giantchris

Thats a pretty decent price cool.  I would hold off on fixing or getting rid of the P bass you have.  I think you'll find the L-2000s are pretty awesome and you might want to just sell it for cash.  Been awhile but I'm pretty sure you can cop a P bass style tone off the L-2000 anyways.  If the tributes have similar pups to the USAs they are ridiculously hot and give a nice thick tone.  G&Ls necks are the best part though very comfortable out of all the basses I've played best neck (that and a Czech MTD Grendel the one that got away).  

The bass I'm currently playing is a lot like an L-2000 but without as many knobs.  Dual buckers with active preamp on bass = win

hayseed

Quote from: giantchris on March 20, 2011, 03:03:08 AM
Thats a pretty decent price cool.  I would hold off on fixing or getting rid of the P bass you have.  I think you'll find the L-2000s are pretty awesome and you might want to just sell it for cash.  Been awhile but I'm pretty sure you can cop a P bass style tone off the L-2000 anyways.  If the tributes have similar pups to the USAs they are ridiculously hot and give a nice thick tone.  G&Ls necks are the best part though very comfortable out of all the basses I've played best neck (that and a Czech MTD Grendel the one that got away).  

The bass I'm currently playing is a lot like an L-2000 but without as many knobs.  Dual buckers with active preamp on bass = win

I know i will want another bass even if i sell my PBass. I like having 2 guitar/basses for gigs. I was playing the PBass last night and it just plays weird, like the neck it twisted r bowed. I get lots of fret buzz and almost no sustain to the notes. Sux. I sold a Pbass a few years ago that played like a dream but i needed guitar gear funds at the time.

hayseed

Well...I was supposed to meet the guy yesterday and get the bass but he never called. I have sent a couple emails and have yet to hear back. I have a bad feeling that this may not happen. SUCK!

hayseed

The guy that has the G&L flaked on me! No call, no email, no text! Not sure what the deal is but his loss. Actually my loss, that was a nice bass.

SO.....I BOUGHT A PEAVEY T-40!!!! I am taking care of the paypal transaction tonite and should have it next week sometime. It comes with an original Peavey molded case and the original paperwork. $300 + shipping. Good for me...

grimniggzy

Quote from: hayseed on March 23, 2011, 06:00:10 PM
The guy that has the G&L flaked on me! No call, no email, no text! Not sure what the deal is but his loss. Actually my loss, that was a nice bass.

SO.....I BOUGHT A PEAVEY T-40!!!! I am taking care of the paypal transaction tonite and should have it next week sometime. It comes with an origainal Peavey molded case and the original paperwork. $300 + shipping. Good for me...

good price for a good bass.

wish mine wasn't so heavy or I'd pull it out every once in a while

hayseed

yeah...I worry a little about that weight issue. 13lbs i hear. A nice strap should displace the weight a bit i hope

Hemisaurus

It's $14, it's not made of leather so you don't sweat to death (and it doesn't cost $40), I have two of them, and can hold up my basses all night without my shoulder cramping.

zachoff

It's not noticeably heavier than any other bass I own... In other words, my T-40 is still my heaviest bass.