Main Menu

keyboard repair?

Started by Chovie D, March 07, 2011, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

ONe of the keys stopped wokring on my MicroKorg. unfortunately it is the middle C key so its a kind of large obstacle to overcome.

Does anyone have any experience with repair? Or with having such a problem repaired?

If it cant be repaired or is too costly to repair....Does anyone know of a decent keyboard or synth with reasonably good piano, organ and electric piano sounds built in for under $400?

Chovie D

not alot of keyboardists here eh? oh well I found my answer
http://bruce-oliver-ca.livejournal.com/2757.html

Discö Rice

I don't fix 'em. I just keep fingering them until they quit on me.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

Quote from: Discö Rice on March 08, 2011, 01:00:37 AM
I don't fix 'em. I just keep fingering them until they quit on me.

me too but then what? throw em out? looks like for $40 i can get a whole new keyboard for the microkorg. I think first tho i will just open er up and have a look inside, maybe it can be fixed without the purchase

Hemisaurus

Just stick it on a shelf and control it with another keyboard, or a plain MIDI controller. Some of those cheap Casio jobs can probably be had used for less than $50 and have a MIDI out on them.

bass sic

Chovie D

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 08, 2011, 09:59:39 AM
Just stick it on a shelf and control it with another keyboard, or a plain MIDI controller. Some of those cheap Casio jobs can probably be had used for less than $50 and have a MIDI out on them.

this is probably the best idea. since the microkorg has 'mini-keys' a regular sized keyboard might be nice for a change, besides i mainly use the microkorg as a midi controller anyway. this way Id be more lkely to actually use the microkorg sounds.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Chovie D on March 08, 2011, 11:42:29 AM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 08, 2011, 09:59:39 AM

this is probably the best idea. since the microkorg has 'mini-keys' a regular sized keyboard might be nice for a change, besides i mainly use the microkorg as a midi controller anyway. this way Id be more lkely to actually use the microkorg sounds.
...but then you're doubling your gear. I'm sure there's someone in Seattle that does repairs on that stuff, and I'm sure it's just a worn out sensor or something simple. I'd get it looked at.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

youre right. I will try that first. thing is IM likely ot be able to get a midi controller for the same oprice as repairing the microkorg.
I'll open it up this weekend and see if there is a dorito chip or bud jammed in there or something easy to fix

Hemisaurus

Stock up on cotton swabs and 90% Isopropyl alcohol from your local Pharmacy.

might help, and that link you posted earlier.

Chovie D

yup, still got that stuff from fixing my optigan. I guess if i can fix that thing, this shouldnt be too hard to fix. (crosses fingers)