So...Interstellar

Started by jmucke, November 07, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmucke

Enjoyed it a lot though it is easy to ridicule the story. Its one third Inception in space, on third 2001-worship and one third its own thing and works well over the almost 3-hour-running-time. At first I found the father-daughter-relationship a little annoying but it makes sense in the end. Or its totally pathetic, take your pick. Its worth watching anyway, preferably on a huge screen.

mortlock

im already put off. I had high hopes. Prometheus destroys this movie. fuck the haters..

EaterofBirds

I am so on the fence about this one..Nolan seems to maybe have jumped the shark?  I liked Batman..but not much of his others..

I want to see Nightcrawler and St. Vincent and little else this fall..and I really rarely go to theaters, so this one may be skipped due to the fact that the ones I want to see won't be around for long I'm sure.

gritty_fingers

Quote from: mortlock on November 07, 2014, 11:56:49 PM
Prometheus destroys this movie.

If Prometheus is better than this film then I will never watch this movie.
"Ginger People"

mortlock

you will really never know unless you watch it..

and then its too late..

scarred for life.

jmucke

I thought Prometheus was a bit of a letdown. As a blockbuster I liked Interstellar better but eventually I prefer movies like Nightcrawler and St. Vincent too (still have to watch both though).

Dave J

I fell asleep during Prometheus, and could not sit through it a second time when I tried.

I really liked most of Interstellar.  Was thinking 10/10 until about the last 1/3 of the film.  Maybe a 9 now or less.  Overall, a good film.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

mortlock

without trying to sound all elitist artisan snobtard, I do want to say I feel like people who didn't like Prometheus, just don't 'get' it..

sleestak

im already put off. I had high hopes. Prometheus destroys this movie. fuck the haters..

Prometheus is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.   Really?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

I would say Prometheus is a seriously flawed movie that I enjoyed.

mortlock

Quote from: sleestak on November 15, 2014, 07:40:04 AM

what do you hate about it. I hear lots of people say they hate it.. why??

sleestak

Quote from: mortlock on November 15, 2014, 11:38:45 PM
Quote from: sleestak on November 15, 2014, 07:40:04 AM

what do you hate about it. I hear lots of people say they hate it.. why??

I loved the concept and special effects but I felt like the story, dialogue and the alien crowbarred tie-in to be offensive.  It should have been great but was overly influenced by lame blockbuster movie tendencies.

GodShifter

Interstellar was just "ok".

Too many dumb plot holes in it and the end was a mess.

However, it's big budget science fiction with one of Hollywood's hottest directors, so there's that. It seems like Nolan could take some shit out of the toilet, in terms of a script, (kind of like what boltthrow does), and the studio heads would scream "brilliant! he's done it again".

6/10

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Shocker on November 15, 2014, 08:52:55 AM
I would say Prometheus is a seriously flawed movie that I enjoyed.

I would agree with this statement.  I absolutely adored it in a campy, cheesy sci-fi way, though it's not like it's a great/coherent/artistic movie.  It's fun and dumb.

I will see Interstellar, I love sci-fi...
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

mortlock

I red boxed intersteller this weekend. I was right Prometheus was way better. come on..dude goes into a black hole and ends up in a bookshelf.

you people just go on believing it was better than Prometheus..bunch of tards.. 

CanookieWookie

Interstellar is/was one of the best movies ever made.  Yep.  It is. 

sleestak

Not if its anything like Prometheus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanookieWookie

Its much much much much better. Yes.

EaterofBirds

mortlock

you couldn't do a 'everything wrong with interstellar in 4 mins or less' because it would take almost as long as the fucking movie was to cover everything..

HP-KEEF-MAKER

Interstellar was good. Maybe 3rd best Nolan film after Inception and Prestige. Or maybe 4th after DKR. Inception is probably one of my all time fave movies.

Chest Rockwell

i felt clever when I realised he was in the bookshelf, pushing dust on the floor, like, from the past.

but then im not too smart. and neither was interstellar.

I love michael Caine, but as soon as saw him I was like, 'oh Michael Caine... he's gonna get a Batsuit! er... what film is this?'
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

juan11

Loved it until the last 1/3 or so.

Also, a day or so after my dad died, I was on the couch & said, "I could use a good movie--  what's this Interstellar I've been hearing about?"

*pressed play*

Jesus Christ. I had to take 2 breaks because weepy.

Anyway, it's no Gravity.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

jmucke

Quote from: juan11 on August 30, 2015, 01:49:20 AM
Loved it until the last 1/3 or so.

Also, a day or so after my dad died, I was on the couch & said, "I could use a good movie--  what's this Interstellar I've been hearing about?"

*pressed play*

Jesus Christ. I had to take 2 breaks because weepy.

Anyway, it's no Gravity.

When my son was born with no right hand (birth defect) I went home the second or third night when him and my wife were still in the hospital, rather stressed out and exhausted. Thought a silly movie would be the right thing to relax and take my mind off things, so I chose "Kingpin". Smart move since it features Woody Harrelson as a bowler who loses his right hand.