Main Menu

Tele's

Started by beardofcthulhu, March 05, 2011, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardofcthulhu

I was spacing out to VH-1 Classic this morning, and a Quarterflash vid came on.  The guitarist had a Tele, with the typical single coil/lipstick configuration..but there was something else....There was a mid position pup that seemed to only cover the 3 high strings.  I've never seen anything like this, what's the purpose? 
Peace through volume.

Hemisaurus

Maybe a sustainer? What was the name of the song? Maybe we can get a capture from youtube or something.

I know Hugh Cornwell from The Stranglers used to have a tele with a mid position pickup, some weird mini-humbucker looking thing that looked like it was salvaged from a Teisco or something of the like, he said that was how he got the guitar and he thought it was just standard.

and the guitar player from Quarterflash might be involved in this company, or it's another guitar player from the same place with the same name, Portland's a big town.
http://www.phantomguitars.com/phantom.html

Hemisaurus

As my brain warms up, you sure it's not a G&L ASAT instead of a Telecaster, they have offset pickups.

they can be configured with regular and humbuckers too, maybe someone had one with an offset in the middle?

VOLVO)))

Tele nashville deluxe!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Is this your guitar ???

Tele nashville semi-deluxe ;D

VOLVO)))

I love that fucker!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

beardofcthulhu

Wow...I had to sit through a lot of 80's leotarded fire tossing 80's horror to get to it, but the first look at the axe is around the 2:20 mark.  Definitely a Fender, not a G&L.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqeKV2UYq1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Peace through volume.

Jake

That's a called a Pocket Rocket. It's a very small vibrating device that the male band members insert deep into their ass between intense dicksucking sessions.
poop.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Jake on March 05, 2011, 01:40:52 PM
That's a called a Pocket Rocket. It's a very small vibrating device that the male band members insert deep into their ass between intense dicksucking sessions.
For some reason I misread that as metal band members

That looks like the nickel cover of his neck pickup has come off, and been stuck there, either for effect or to remind him to put it back on his pickup ;D

Cheap-ass pickup on a prop guitar probably.

beardofcthulhu

Does this mean the speedometer on Nigel Tufnel's guitar is also a prop?  Sad times these are with nothing to believe in...
Peace through volume.