Started by Narco Pollo, July 27, 2014, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narco Pollo

The trailer looks promising.
Drug Chicken

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Narco Pollo

I will go see it, and probably be disappointed, but it looks like it may deliver in the exploding desert car crash department, so that may work.

Plus I think I saw a nipple.
Drug Chicken

CanookieWookie

Too much Charlize, not enough Max.  Nice effects though.

Jor el

That promo clip is better than Thinderdome. 
What Would Scooby Do ?

jmucke

Tom Hardy is a good choice but there was way too much CGI in that trailer.

Narco Pollo

Yeah, I was disappointed that the opening shot was an obvious digital matte painting.  But I kind of dug the cgi when they were getting sucked into the sandstorm.  I'm mostly worried about the story. but having an original writer is a good sign.  Too bad everything needs rebooted.
Drug Chicken

RacerX

I am also disappointed with the opening sequence.

Mel Gibson's Mad Max would never needlessly stomp a lizard, even a cgi-generated one.

He might call it "Sugar-tits," however.
Livin' The Life.

The Shocker

The Road Warrior is my all time favorite movie, so I think there is a 99% chance I will be disappointed.  That said, I will go see it.  My main concern is most of the cool shit looks straight from Road Warrior and I thought this was supposed to be a new story, not a remake.

Ryno

It's a prequel.  After the wife and kid get run over, after the apparent apocalypse, but before thunderdome.  Charlize is just trying to get back to her home. They meet up and do a little drivin and some chasin.

WHO RUN BARTERTOWN?!?!
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

The Shocker

I was so let down by Thunderdome. A PG-13 Mad Max is bullshit.

Edit: If he has the Interceptor, it has to be before Road Warrior too.

mortlock

Quote from: CanookieWookie on July 28, 2014, 11:41:36 AM
there is no such thing as too much charlize. I love her and all her movies. aeon flux is a masterpiece..

deleted account

Quote from: mortlock on July 30, 2014, 12:53:48 AM
there is no such thing as too much charlize. I love her and all her movies. aeon flux is a masterpiece..

I was gonna say something similar.  she makes my penis stand up

peoplething

I think the CGI might be isolated to that lizard.

"I think if people see, I know when I see too much CG, that sort of takes me out of the experience."

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/27/george-miller-mad-max-interview-comic-con/

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

jmucke

Well, the sandstorm-scenes are certainly CGI, lets hope that they are not all over the place.

boltthrow

CanookieWookie

Quote from: priest on July 30, 2014, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: mortlock on July 30, 2014, 12:53:48 AM

I was gonna say something similar.  she makes my penis stand up

That's great and all, and really good if the movie is a comedy or love story - who wouldn't love looking at her - however, this is Mad Max, you know?

deleted account

since it ain't gonna be as good as the first two, there's absolutely no reason in the world not to feature a shitload of Charsleaze

Jor el

Quote from: priest on August 07, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

since it ain't gonna be as good as the first two, there's absolutely no reason in the world not to feature a shitload of Charsleaze

What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

Back in the mid-90's I priced oot a Pursuit & Interceptor.
The shipment to the US was too insane.
What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Quote from: priest on August 07, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

Oh yes, there still is.  A buzz cut on her don't do any favours for her looks and all - and she ain't got no big tits or chunky ass - so I'm left rubbing my beard. 

deleted account

I happen to like bald chicks

RacerX

No, you don't.

NO ONE is allowed to have different taste in women than willb, and he ENFORCES that shit.
Livin' The Life.

CanookieWookie

Ragerx is getting carried away now, I never get to enforce anything.  However I'd like too.

gritty_fingers

George Miller has a pretty good track record when it comes to films so I'm looking forward to this.

Those talking pig movies are awesome!
"Ginger People"