Main Menu

More Love for Peavey!

Started by spookstrickland, June 01, 2014, 08:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

So my Buddy gives me this old early 80's Peavey Audition Chorus.  It has not been played in like 20 years.  At first it does not work.  Then I figured it needs a footswitch plugged into it.  So I grab my old footswitch from my marshall and it fired right up!  Awesome sounding true stereo chorus.  It just blooms when you hit the chorus whole amps seems louder and fuller.

The distortion aint to bad either, I got some descent early sabbath type dirt out of it.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

mortlock

I run an old peavey mark vi bass head. have had it since the early 90s. the fuckin thing is practically indestructible.

edited for roman numeral correction.

EddieMullet

For cheap, decent sounding reliable bass rigs, Peavey is the shit. 

If you need a bass rig right away and have piss poor credit and no time or the ability to save up any money for anything higher end Peavey is the way to go.

I've owned and/or played through some cheap beat to hell and back Peaveys and they never let me down.

RAGER

I had a crate back in the day. It sounded like shit.  But it sounded like shit unfailingly ever day.

/logic

Peavey......the sound of Texas Doom.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

peavey is no where near as bad as crate.   

VOLVO)))

Some Crates sound tight as fuck.

Blue doodoo clean channel is one of the better cleans I've ever heard.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

No better deal than free.

Can any of you name every Peavey tube guitar head in order of year introduced?

VOLVO)))

Quote from: liquidsmoke on June 02, 2014, 12:57:17 AM
No better deal than free.

Can any of you name every Peavey tube guitar head in order of year introduced?

they made SO many./

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

RAGER

Peavey..........the sound of free.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Metal and Beer

I carried an anti-Peavey bias for many years (always found them cold and harsh) but have softened considerably in recent times. I like (but don't love) the 5150's, 6505's, the VTM, Butcher and a few others...also dig the, what's the 400W bass beast? That thing.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RAGER

I just like to wind sunnoo up a little. It's an old bit. I of course own a few pieces of Peavey gear and would not pass up a good deal on a vtm.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Classic 400! Godly amp. Needs good tubes though.

You're not gonna wind me up. You're just a glorified EDM kid now. Next thing you know you'll be frosting your tips and playing with EL wire hula hoops.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

I adored my 5150 combo. Slap a good dirt of fuzz in the front of a mildly hot clean setting and I get everything I'd ever want. Stick in a 16ohm extension cab and boom, 3/4 stack of brutality. I only sold it to a buddy because my Acoustic 450 handles all my needs with no retubes necessary. Great amp, especially for the price. The 60 watts is all I'd ever need.

spookstrickland

Alright I shot a short vid of my new amp check it out.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

RacerX

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 02, 2014, 12:24:02 PM
Classic 400! Godly amp. Needs good tubes though.

You're not gonna wind me up. You're just a glorified EDM kid now. Next thing you know you'll be frosting your tips and playing with EL wire hula hoops.

Also: Peaveys are perfect for EDM.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

I feel comfort that my first thought upon seeing EDM was Eagles of Death Metal.
poop.

RAGER

Cool cuz eagles of death metal suck sweaty ass balls.
No Focus Pocus

Jake

Yeah, right?! I mean fuck those assholes. You owned the shit out of me on that one!

I should consult you before I post to find out whether or not something sucks sweaty ass balls. Since your opinion carries so much internet weight.
poop.

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

RAGER

Oh. Did I poo poo your favorite band?   :D
No Focus Pocus

Jake

poop.

liquidsmoke

5150s > Eagles of the Stoned Age

Jake

Hey-yoh!!! You boys are on fire! You're totally winning the internet. If I were you, I'd keep going back to this thread to read all of those unbelievable verbal knockouts over and over.
poop.