payment question for black arts

Started by jibberish, May 06, 2014, 01:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: Jake on May 07, 2014, 05:15:35 PM
It's curious that you're in a position to comment on exactly what nobody/everybody needs. Not to mention what their ambient light situation is 99% of the time they're using a pedal.

There are two questions there, sorry if that sounds too bossy:

Quote from: Lumpy on May 07, 2014, 04:49:23 PMHas anybody here ever played an outdoor daytime show? What about the other 99% of the time you're not playing outdoors in the daytime?  
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Don't worry about stating your opinion Lump, he just likes to be dickey.
No Focus Pocus

Jor el

Always good to hear from an expert on the subject.
What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Everybody simmer down. Lets get back on topic: superbright LEDs.

Just kidding, Pharoah for president. Man, the Pharoah turned out to be a huge hit. Everybody likes the Pharoah, it's been a pleasant surprise to watch. I would have thought that everything fuzz had been done already, with nothing new left to add, but it's not true.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

ok, this post is being sent as a heads up,
for the email that was sent as a heads up,
that something was sent.

tell all those fed ex/ups mutherfuckers to be chill for just a little while there while we get this done, kthxbai

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my behringer mixer has a bright blue LED. the glare makes other mixer details hard to see at a quick glance in my dimly lit room. i think some tape is in its future also.

dogfood

Jib, front me, get two and I'll catch you at the Sville Cafe.   ;D
Problem solving whiskey!

Jor el

Me three - I'll catch you the next time you're in Detroit.
What Would Scooby Do ?

jibberish

aha, you found the café.  that big ole pomeroy house across the street is where I worked for years and the café was our oasis after work. it has changed a lot since then tho, I don't like it any more, but oh the memories,

I fucked up. haha.

hey, are you in your new place ok? what's it like making a left onto 82 out of your street? heh.

edit: for anyone who doesn't know what is going on here with dogfood, he is a special agent sent to kill me because I am destined to rule the world if not stopped soon.

dogfood

I was up sat - wed for a job interview.  I now work for Bay Mech out of Lorain.  I'm in Big D right now selling the house and will be back for work and permanent living on the 19th. 

I like it!  I've got an ice rink and a play it again sports right there for all my hockey wants and desires.  We went to the Pomeroy, FANCY!  Also, delish.  Have the Cafe within stumbling distance.  Can't say it's perfect but it is a dive.  Hey, where is the nearest guitar repair dude?  Need to get the guts of my lester cleaned up and done right, my soldering needs (a lot) of practice?!
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

I know Bruno brothers are our local pro bunch. too bad they moved from right in downtown Strongsville  to 303-i71 in Brunswick(next exit south from 82)

all the old guys are gone: red giant, chimaera, most of ringworm. all those guys knew everyone who needed to be known and I have been out of touch with my old gang for a while too.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

that's awesome you even know who ringworm is all the way in FL, but I guess they tour now, so yeah.

IMO, the lead singer is the soul of ringworm.  that guy is a ball of energy like no other. he should be called sunn((0.
old stevo should be called snor((o

those guys absolutely have to be seen live to understand what it really means to "bring it".

I actually need to catch up on what they have been up to all this time

RAGER

Yep. Been diggin Ringworn for a while now too all the way up here in the PNW.
No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

Ringworm was a huge band in my teens. All the older hardcore dudes that liked me because I was a young kid that went to shows everywhere were constantly giving my music recommendations like Ringworm, Integrity, His Hero is Gone, Catharsis, EyeHateGod, Tragedy.. Lots of crusty, metallic hardcore. The Promise is still one of the best hardcore records ever. And they are so fucking heavy for a band that doesn't tune down.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

Michael, where did you grow up at?

integrity, disengaged, keelhaul. those were all the shows I went to whenever possible. I could tell stories for pages about various shows with those guys and crazy situations. I was the weed connection, so I got in everywhere with my pack of joints in a Marlboro red box. everywhere heh.

MichaelZodiac

Good old Belgium ;)

In the 90s there was a huge hardcore scene in a very local area. It was called H8000 and all those bands were heavily influenced by Clevo style hardcore (Ringworm & Integrity foremost). The older dudes I knew were from that era so they passed on their music knowledge.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Jake

If yinz are talking Clevo bands, don't forget the mighty Craw. Or Fistula, if'n you go a wee bit south.
poop.

RAGER

Had the pleasure of playing a very intimate and super fun loud ass show with Keelhaul a few years back.  Great guys.  Will liked my drummers ride so much he borrowed it for their set.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

Ringworm are quite well known--legends even, in contemporary hardcore "circles"  :)

Seabag played w/ Keelhaul too, whenever they did that "comeback" tour; one of our high points for sure.

*ahem*  Disengage.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

haha ya disengage. I called the ac/dc song "thunder" too, so it all averages out.