STAR WARS EPISODE 7

Started by mortlock, March 21, 2014, 01:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Dylan Thomas

I'm extremely excited for this.  I'm just finishing up season 6 of the Clone Wars animated, which is on Netflix.

There has never been anything Star Wars that I have not absolutely loved.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Jor el

I've never seen Clone Wars.
Good stuff, eh?
What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

We watched the first 2.5 seasons when the kids were little - I liked it a lot better than the new trio of movies.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

bump because its almost out. ticket pre sales broke the internet.

sleestak

Bump again because the trailer looks cool.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

mortlock

the more I think about it, the more I think luke is the new dark side emperor. or at least has turned to the dark side.

the whole movie is based around that chick finding lukes original light sabre and the new order/empire going after her to retrieve it.
now that begs the question, why? why is the empire so interested in this light sabre. it does not possess special powers. its just another light sabre not all that different than all the other light sabres in the galaxy. light sabres are not 'rare' weapons. there are tons of them around.   

the only reason I can think that would make the empire want it so bad, is if luke wants it and he is calling the shots in the empire now. otherwise why would the empire care or even know about it to be on the look out for it in the first place.

sleestak

Notice rylo kens light saber is kinda thin and emits sparks like it's not fully legit.  I think that's maybe why they're after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelZodiac

There are tons of rumors online about Luke actually not being in this one. He's not on the poster and the only shooting that Mark Hamill has done so far is on a deserted island near Ireland. He's probably like Yoda on some deserted planet. The rebellion failed to get a good grip on the galaxy and Luke is out there somewhere, meditating until the right time has come.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

sleestak

I think Luke being evil would be too predictable.  I think he's going to appear either in some sort of sacrificing way (obi wan style) or not be in it at all.

Ryno

He's not meditating at all. He's tearing up Tatooine in his latest land speeder and looking for the snatch.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/summer2.jpg

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

mortlock

Ryno

I hate to say it but I thought that was one of the coolest movies ever when I was 8.

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

renfield

Is the new Star Wars good / better than I expected?  Yes

Is it as good as PLAGUE OF THE PLANET? well....

giantchris

I liked it a lot they did a really good job.  The chick that plays the lead is going to be a huge star she was very believable.  Adam Driver hammed it up a lot but thats actually pretty appropriate for the role. 

socket

Yeah I am an asshole so I expected to be disappointed. It was pretty damned good.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

irratebass

I loved it......seeing it again on Sunday
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

mortlock

SPOILER ALERT.. im going to start discussing shit. its time.

i thought the movie was excellent. im giving it a 9 or of 10 stars. admittedly, i really wanted to like this going in and had high hopes. it didnt disappoint. they set things up nicely for the new characters to continue their story lines. i thought the ending was brilliant. i loved that you only saw luke then aside from him touching r2 in that other scene. i also loved that he didnt say a single line. fucking solid move right there. what was old was new again, as it has been said. it was perfect. great blend of comedy and brutality. i am impressed with the level of more realistic violence.

the story wasnt clunky and it pretty much was a han solo movie. you got a heavy dose of han, and its awesome. if i have to get a bit critical, and i do, it was with hans death scene. having han fall off the catwalk into ?? who knows what. like some weird abyss. that sucked and further sucked when han touched kylos face as he fell back. totally gay and not the han solo i know. what should have happened is han falling backwards onto the catwalk and not falling off. at that point i have two possible endings i would have used.

1. han, instead of touching kylos face as he dies, he should have gone for his blaster and got a shot off. he misses as he falls back and the camera cuts to an aerial and you see him lying there dead with a hole in his chest. then pick up where chewie takes a shot at kylo ren.   

2. if you dont want han getting a shot off, instead he falls back and hits the catwalk at which point he drops his blaster off the edge and you realize that he went for his gun. then cut to kylo realizing that and he kicks hans dead body off the cat walk. at that point chewie takes his shot as the movie was written and carries on from there. the act of kicking hans dead body off the catwalk would have sealed giving him that fucked up, crazy, hot temper persona the movie wanted to establish him with. we saw two temper tantrums where he took out his light sabre and trashed a bunch of shit. this would have sealed it.

Jor el

[spoiler]I would've liked to have seen Chewie go on a solid 5 minute killing spree.
   Like the opening of First Blood....just beating the shit oot of everyone in sight.[/spoiler]

What Would Scooby Do ?

juan11

srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

CanookieWookie

Real good. 

- apparently there was a scene cut where Chewie rips off the arms of the junk dealer whom Rey stole the Falcon from.

bitter

Fucking movie fucking ruled.

[spoiler]When they arrived on Takodana, I said to girl next me, "It's true then? What they are saying on the train... Han Solo has come to Hogwarts."

;D [/spoiler]
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan