Musical examples of feedback loopers

Started by spookstrickland, November 22, 2013, 08:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

post some really musical examples of feedback loopers no Noise Rock stuff.  thanks
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

spookstrickland

www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

jibberish

this guy is really good with a looper. and I have one of those 5 gallon water cooler jugs too.   watching guys like this are an incredible source of ideas for me.

spookstrickland

Quote from: jibberish on November 26, 2013, 03:27:04 PM

this guy is really good with a looper. and I have one of those 5 gallon water cooler jugs too.   watching guys like this are an incredible source of ideas for me.

That's really cool, I'd like to get that kind of looper.  I have been looking at this kind and doing some experimenting and they seem to be just noisemakers to me but maybe I'm wrong.  I really want to like them though.

www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

jibberish

I am glad you linked that feedback looper. I had no idea what that was.  definitely not a "looper" as we commonly know that function to be.

I see the instrument input and final output are only from the feedback looper device. 

so who knows how the main signal is modulated/filtered before it gets to the other stomp box. then the return signal could even be tapped and re-routed to the second stompbox for a second pass-thru.

eyeprod

feedback loops with a pedal board are fun. A few years ago my big muff was feeding back and I found where the wires were crossing" (aka the loop) and added a switch so I could use it if I want. It works just like that video; pots start acting funny. I get theremin like sounds out of it. Wah works really well with it too, but it's like a wild beast that has to be delicately applied, imo.
CV - Slender Fungus

spookstrickland

Quote from: eyeprod on November 28, 2013, 04:22:16 PM
feedback loops with a pedal board are fun. A few years ago my big muff was feeding back and I found where the wires were crossing" (aka the loop) and added a switch so I could use it if I want. It works just like that video; pots start acting funny. I get theremin like sounds out of it. Wah works really well with it too, but it's like a wild beast that has to be delicately applied, imo.

That sounds promising.  What wires were crossed?  some video of you playing it would be great also.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

fallen

Quote from: eyeprod on November 28, 2013, 04:22:16 PM

This was my first experience as well. I acquired a distortion pedal that had been modded with a battery kill switch that would short out in the half way off position creating some really cool feedbacker sounds.