Main Menu

Picking up an agile today

Started by ROWDYBEER, January 19, 2011, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

The frets could very well be smaller, but all that would do is put your fingers closer to the fretboard, adding drag to your bends... Really old LP's and SG's are known as "fretless wonders," they had super low to the board frets, and super easy action. The cost of this was losing easy bends. The more of your finger that touches the board, the harder it is to bend. Extreme cases, Malmsteen's scalloped board totally eliminates fretboard drag, this allowing him to play as fast and sloppy as he wants.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mike_Sims

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 25, 2011, 10:53:18 AM
Extreme cases, Malmsteen's scalloped board totally eliminates fretboard drag, this allowing him to play as fast and sloppy as he wants.
I Lol'd . Well, I'm just a caveman. I just pick up and play  8)

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Mike_Sims on January 25, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on January 25, 2011, 10:53:18 AM
Extreme cases, Malmsteen's scalloped board totally eliminates fretboard drag, this allowing him to play as fast and sloppy as he wants.
I Lol'd . Well, I'm just a caveman. I just pick up and play  8)

Yeah, so is he. hahaha.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

neighbor664

Ok, I took the plunge. I placed an order for a built to order Goldtop Agile AL-3XXX. I won't get it till Feb or March though.

Solid Mahogany
Neck-Thru
Contoured Heel
Agile Alnico V Hum
6 String
Standard Neck
Abalone Trap Inlay
Ebony FB
Nickel Silver
Tune-O-Matic
Nickel HW
Gold Knobs/ Cream Rings
Cream Pickguard
Triple Cream Binding
Right Handed
24 3/4" Scale   

James1214

words

clockwork green

I always saw you as more of an 8-string active pickup kinda guy :)
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

fallen

Looking forward to seeing this guitar. I've been looking at those double cuts they make but they only have it in a quilted top that I'm not really into. Doesn't look like there's a custom option for that model though.

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad2000amb.html

A double cut in tobacco burst over flamed maple would look amazing on that shape.