Main Menu

Tour survival tricks

Started by chille01, August 18, 2011, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

mortlock

Quote from: Pundan on August 19, 2011, 07:17:26 PM
I gotta say it's fascinating to read all this. Coming from a small country in Europe it's not hard for us to travel anywhere really, and in the US you guys do huge mileage. I feel really spoiled, :-\ really like to go there sometime though.
i always wanted to tour/visit europe.

anyone need a noise band to tag along with your band on a eurotour..??
bmail me..

Hemisaurus

Be easier to bmail me, I already got a passport and don't need visas ;D

Slow

don't forget to bring a towel, the Scotsman has a English problem.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Hemisaurus

I'm gonna need that one translated ???

Slow

My obscure humour was ill received. Sorry...
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

mawso

have a couple of books around.  even if you're not planning on doing any reading, it's good to have them there.

if you find people are getting on your nerves, reading a book is a pretty awesome thing to do.  when   when you have your head in a book, you're just completely ignoring everyone.  but you're doing it in a way that won't piss anyone off.

spookstrickland

Quote from: mawso on August 21, 2011, 05:09:58 AM
have a couple of books around.  even if you're not planning on doing any reading, it's good to have them there.

if you find people are getting on your nerves, reading a book is a pretty awesome thing to do.  when   when you have your head in a book, you're just completely ignoring everyone.  but you're doing it in a way that won't piss anyone off.

That's a good one, keeping the Peace is a must in small places lie a tour van.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

mawso

Quote from: spookstrickland on August 21, 2011, 06:00:19 AM

when you're running on no sleep, hungover and/or coming down, and spending hours on end in the same close company, day in day out, people are going to get on each other's nerves at least now and then.  i mean when you travel with someone, you're being closer than most married couples.

Worthless Willie

Quote from: Slow on August 20, 2011, 10:23:51 PM
don't forget to bring a towel, the Scotsman has a English problem.

ALWAYS bring a towel.  They come in quite handy.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

spookstrickland

Quote from: mawso on August 21, 2011, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: spookstrickland on August 21, 2011, 06:00:19 AM

when you're running on no sleep, hungover and/or coming down, and spending hours on end in the same close company, day in day out, people are going to get on each other's nerves at least now and then.  i mean when you travel with someone, you're being closer than most married couples.

And the only thing worse than traveling in a van with musicians is traveling in a band with your wife LOL
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

Worse still, travelling with the other guys wife.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Hemisaurus on August 21, 2011, 05:42:43 PM
Worse still, travelling with the other guys wife.

You win, that's the worst ;D
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Metal and Beer

Nah, worse than that is when she suddenly thinks she's the band manager..
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

Spinal Tap is real, ask Gzus how.