STAR WARS EPISODE 7

Started by mortlock, March 21, 2014, 01:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Thomas

That.  Was.  Fucking.  Unreal.

I knew Abrams had it in him to do a good job.  I had no idea that he'd knock it out of the park.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

sleestak

Quote from: mortlock on December 23, 2015, 07:58:00 PM
SPOILER ALERT.. im going to start discussing shit. its time.

1. han, instead of touching kylos face as he dies, he should have gone for his blaster and got a shot off. he misses as he falls back and the camera cuts to an aerial and you see him lying there dead with a hole in his chest. then pick up where chewie takes a shot at kylo ren.   

I saw that as Han's last and only way to connect with him.  The only real way he could "help" his son is to be his sacrifice and even as he's killed he still loves his kid and is so, so sad when he touches his face.

I thought it was really effective.  I hated to see my favorite movie character of all time to go out like that but I thought, seeing the movie for the second time, that it was easily the most emotional scene of the entire movie and they nailed it.

I've heard critiques of the movie having too much in common with episode 4 and that's clearly by design.  The one element I think people are missing is that what could follow up Starkiller base as a mega weapon?  What could be bigger or more lethal?  Also Kylo Ren instantly is more evil than Vader as he was able to kill his dad where Vader never could bring himself to kill Luke.  It's bigger and more evil with better actors and a pretty good plot.

Loved it.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

mortlock

they turned han into a pussy. I was afraid abrams was going to do something like that. he made spock or kirk or both [I cant remember] cry in the new star trek. he made them pussies. what the fuck is wrong with jj?

he could direct a reboot of dirty harry and find a way to make that character cry too. what an asshole.

Jor el

I think Han's character arc has been perfect.

What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

i bet blot likes LRons character arc.

sleestak

Quote from: mortlock on January 05, 2016, 09:22:44 PM
they turned han into a pussy. I was afraid abrams was going to do something like that. he made spock or kirk or both [I cant remember] cry in the new star trek. he made them pussies. what the fuck is wrong with jj?

he could direct a reboot of dirty harry and find a way to make that character cry too. what an asshole.

WTF are you talking about? lol

What a "pussy."

bitter

Starkiller shit was awesome. Gave me the hwardest chills down my chest I've ever felt. Cant wait to go again.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

agent of change

Just saw it for the second time. First time I was so fucking high I couldn't even process the opening paragraphs.

This time was much better. Really enjoyed it, though I had to shut off the logical adult part of mind that was asking "How the fuck did the First Order get all the $ and manpower from the ashes to build all those Star Destroyers and a new huge Death Star Planet" etc. Once I let go of that it was an enjoyable ride. Really dug Rae as a new heroine.

Only ill points were too much expository dialogue between Han and Leia, telling each other things they already knew so we could learn, and some disappointment that part of the plot was just another blow up a (bigger) death star after we blow something up to lower the shields rehash. And it irritates me anytime a sci-fi or fantasy (in another world) movie or book uses "minutes" or "years."
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

jmucke

I stopped after an hour or so. Way too obvious that Abrams tried to get the vibe of the first movie. He succeeded in a way but eventually its more of a remake than a new movie. The original movie was the coolest thing ever when I was 13 but since the Ewoks turned up the whole franchise has turned to shit.  Big time.

sleestak

Well this is a redo then and I can only presume this is the version they are going to make with fan criticism
In mind.  The third act won't have ewoks.