Game of Thrones

Started by The Shocker, April 18, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Reino

hostage. In a dungeon 'till the Frey chick gives birth or something to that effect.

MadJohnShaft

Not the hottie medic! Nooooooooo

One episode left...
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

The guy that wrote this stuff is a fucking nutcase. What kind of person thinks up hot bitches riding 2 dudes on 2 different occasions just to have some fucked up shit happen to their dicks? That shit just ain't right. I mean you would think that the red queen would have at least let the guy get his load off.

The Bandit

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on June 04, 2013, 07:24:36 AM
Not the hottie medic! Nooooooooo

One episode left...

Then on to the crappy True Blood, which my wife loves.

astroman

Quote from: juggernaut on June 03, 2013, 01:39:26 AM
So anyone not read the books see tonights episode?  Curious what you thought about it.
Fucking brutal. I was stoned off my ass, and had just ate 2 pot brownies in preparation for a 30-hour train trip. I thought kicking it off with the new Game of Thrones episode would be the perfect start to the trip.....FUUUUCK what a downer. BRUTAL. So glad (and surprised) it wasn't spoiled for me ahead of time. Props to the readers of the world who can keep their traps shut!

peoplething

so I've been slowly catching up. right now I'm on episode 7 but, after all the internet buzz I caved, cheated and read about the red wedding.

I haven't read the books, and there's still two(?) left unwritten? I think I know why:

why
Quote from: Demon Lung on June 04, 2013, 07:32:50 AM
The guy that wrote this stuff is a fucking nutcase. What kind of person thinks up hot bitches riding 2 dudes on 2 different occasions just to have some fucked up shit happen to their dicks? That shit just ain't right. ...

I agree with DL, 100%. In some interview I read guy said he likes the unpredictable and to 'shock' his readers. The problem is when you plan a 10,000+ page epic, and use your favorite mechanic every few hundred pages or so (Ned, Robb, Catelynn... etc), the predictable becomes extremely predictable.

When I read what happened I felt a mild surprise,  but that was quickly replaced with a HUGE facepalm.

*Really? your killing the main characters again? Really?*

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

MadJohnShaft

Season finale tonight - prepare

The Shocker

strangelight

just wrapping things up. not even a cliffhanger for next season. but i guess that's more satisfying than if they'd ended the season at episode 9, right after all them peoples' got killed.

MadJohnShaft

This show was consistently excellent this season with hardly a dud moment. Can't wait until they add in the Zombies.

neighbor664

The Bandit

Quote from: strangelight on June 10, 2013, 02:46:29 AM
just wrapping things up. not even a cliffhanger for next season. but i guess that's more satisfying than if they'd ended the season at episode 9, right after all them peoples' got killed.

Wrapping stuff up & setting the table for the next season:

Arya's story should take off.
Millisandre understands the real threat.  I thought her scene at the end was awesome - shutting dumb Stannis up.
Theon's badass sister is going to fuck some shit up!

Demon Lung

Yeah arya called the assassins didn't she? That is going to be awesome. I also thought it was great when tyjuan or whatever the old mans name is put Joffrey in his place.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Bandit on June 10, 2013, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: strangelight on June 10, 2013, 02:46:29 AM

Wrapping stuff up & setting the table for the next season:

Arya's story should take off.
Millisandre understands the real threat.  I thought her scene at the end was awesome - shutting dumb Stannis up.
Theon's badass sister is going to fuck some shit up!

Yeah, I really like how they did a little with each story line, just kind of setting the stage for next season.  As much as I complain about deviations from the books, I do like the show and think they've handled the important scenes well.  The Red Wedding was really well done, and it was interesting that they did use the wolf's head on Robb in the finale, as many speculated that they left that out so as not to further piss people off.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Marcos Reino

I would have been pissed off if they pussied out from doing it. Martin has made the TV series more brutal than the book, in my opinion... I can't get over Theon getting castrated, man that was harsh... in the books they just send his finger's skin as parchment.

One bicker, not major: Theon's sister is the sexiest character in the books. Not so.

Loving this, best thing on TV by far. Hope nobody in the cast dies within the next five years.

strangelight

theon's sister IS sexy in the show. she's not hot... but you know she'd fuck you harder than them waifs in the whorehouses. and they do cut off theon's junk in the book, but they don't show it. it's just revealed later. and mailing the dick instead of the finger was sort of amazing.

you're right, deaner, melissandre's scene was awesome. i can't wait until she realizes (if ever?) that daenerys is the lord of light's prophet on earth and not stannis. i hope they team up and she rides one of the dragons. --> i'm sure the fanfic exists...

every scene with tywin is fucking brilliant. that man acts the shit out of that part.

i'm glad that bran's storyline is finally interesting, that arya's really getting moving, super excited for the stuff that will happen in king's landing next season. needs more wargs and zombies and dragons. and titties.

Marcos Reino

I suppose so, but the character is way more wicked in the book, remember how she let Theon grab her tits and teased him before letting on that she was her sister? She had a more playful/sinful aura, plus in my head she was a sleek, short-haired brunette with a sailor's stride, a mean sense of humor and a penchant for juggling knives while drinking. Didn't translate for me.

Did they cut his dick off in the books, really? Can't remember that at all, and it's not the kinda' thing a guy forgets. Strange. But yeah, "he cried when I took his favorite toy" was merciless and brilliant.

Marcos Reino

About next season, Valar Morghulis. Super stoked that part of the story is coming up, I hope they delve deep into it and not just in passing, I loved that bit.

The Bandit

Quote from: strangelight on June 10, 2013, 02:22:18 PM
theon's sister IS sexy in the show. she's not hot... but you know she'd fuck you harder than them waifs in the whorehouses.

I think your female perspective is shining through.  She is not hot or sexy at all.  Really homely and looks dykish (not in a good way either).  Good character and actress though.

GodShifter

I've read the first three books twice and I cannot recall that Theon's dick was cut off, but, perhaps, it was alluded to in a later book and it eluded me (see what I did there?)

Anyway, who wants to bet that they change the story with Shae and her, um, well, I can't give anything away, I guess, and there is no spoiler button. Still I have my theories

Asha in the books is described as much being prettier than she is in the show, but I think the idea is to make the Ironborn look pretty pasty and not concerned about appearances. They live on a cold, barren island, after all. NOTHING GROWS HERE

Demon Lung

Bran told a story about some guy that slaughtered his guests at a dinner party so the gods punished him by turning him into a mouse and he lived by having kids and then eating them. Because the gods can never forgive someone that would slaughter their guest. That seems to be forshadowing something really shitty for the Freys.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: GodShifter on June 10, 2013, 05:40:11 PM
I've read the first three books twice and I cannot recall that Theon's dick was cut off, but, perhaps, it was alluded to in a later book and it eluded me (see what I did there?)

Anyway, who wants to bet that they change the story with Shae and her, um, well, I can't give anything away, I guess, and there is no spoiler button. Still I have my theories

Asha in the books is described as much being prettier than she is in the show, but I think the idea is to make the Ironborn look pretty pasty and not concerned about appearances. They live on a cold, barren island, after all. NOTHING GROWS HERE

I've read the first three and don't recall that either, there wasn't much of him in the third book at all.

We'll see how things play out with Shae.  They've changed some with her thus far, though I think a lot is going to depend on how they do the Purple Wedding and then the fallout.

I'm hoping they bring in the Martells next season, that would really add some spice to the show.

Demon Lung

Word on the street is that they will be introducing a gang of new characters.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: Demon Lung on June 10, 2013, 06:22:32 PM
Word on the street is that they will be introducing a gang of new characters.

Word.

Anyone else disappointed with no Cold Hands?

Marcos Reino

Cold Hands will be there! As will the Red Viper of Dorne, which I think is also pretty awesome. Dorne and Bravoos. A freaking year away.

I notice Daenerys gets yummier as she gets older.