Game of Thrones

Started by The Shocker, April 18, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

I think the Arya Stark character is really compelling and deserves a supporting actress nomination - she's great - her body language and facial expressions are commanding - I vote for her.  The show lights up every time she's on screen.

I knew Jamie was escaping on that bridge. That guy they came across walking the donkey turning them in was a fine touch - Jamie's 'I told you so look' over his shoulder was awesome.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

strangelight

so what's happening in theon's storyline? it seems pretty different from the books, unless bow and arrow guy is playing the long game when it comes to fucking theon up.

GodShifter

That's kind of what I'm thinking? That maybe bow and arrow guy is Reek? And he's setting up Theon for a big, big fall.

Otherwise, drastically different than the book; perhaps this is the way we are introduced to Reek ...

I wasn't sure if they were going to go through with the Jaime getting his hand cut off deal in the TV series, but, yep, they did. Well done.

Overall, that wasn't an outstanding episode last night. Seemed to be setting up things for the next episode more than anything else. Hot nudes for Podrick, though! A+

strangelight

yeah, pod got some of that dinger-approved yoga sex.

i was thinking bow and arrow guy was ramsay, but he could be reek. although, he got all the other bolton men. i'm not sure ramsay or reek would actually do that, so i'm thinking they're just taking theon in a different direction. the dude doesn't do ANYTHING other than get tortured all through books 3, 4, and 5. that would be tough to watch, over and over and over. every 2-3 eps, we check in with theon to see how much more of his skin he's lost.  :-X

GodShifter

Ramsay is Reek.

Edit: excuse me, I got a little confused there. Apparently, Reek was Ramsay's personal servant.

I got that mixed up. I was always under the impression Reek and Ramsay were the same character but Ramsay just used the disguise to conceal himself when he was initially captured by Theon.

Poor reading comprehension on my part.

In this case, I believe the bow and arrow guy is probably Ramsay and they may do away with the Reek character altogether. Who the fuck knows, though?

strangelight

reek (the ramsay servant) was never in the book. just someone alluded to (i think? i might be misremembering the 5th book). theon becomes reek after the constant torture.

i thought the guy doing the flaying in the first torture scene was ramsay and that bow and arrow guy was just a guy. since bow and arrow guy killed all the other bolton men, i have a hard time ramsay would go to that length just to fuck with theon. but maybe he does? i dunno. i'm leaning more towards them forgoing the theon/reek storyline.

GodShifter

I would agree except I watched the episode again and when B&A guy walks up to who I thought was Ramsay as well (the guy doing the torturing in the initial scenes and is killed by B&A after Theon is recaptured) he says to B&A guy, "you little bastard" before B&A guy kills him. Perhaps "bastard" is just a curse word used, or, perhaps, he's alluding to something the audience hasn't been let on to (yet). I think B&A guy is Ramsay and is probably going to either a) lead Theon to his own castle and torture him there or b) Ramsay will have a different story arc altogether.

juggernaut

So I have a question.  I sent out an email to 3 of my friends who watch the show asking if everyone had seen last nights episode.  My one idiot friend who has read the books responds with this: 

"I did. I knew it was coming and figured this would be the episode. I'm sure it was a shock to everyone else though."

So I tell him to stfu because even though it's not a spoiler technically, it could ruin it for the other two guys who hadn't read the books at all.  So now they know something big and shocking was going to happen.

He keeps insisting he didn't do anything wrong and I keep insisting he's a douche nozzle.   What say you?

GodShifter

So, I'm a bit confused by your question.

When you sent the email out asking if your friends and watched last night's episode, had every one watched it? You sent it this morning, I take it?

I don't see the problem if everyone watched the episode and, after the fact, your friend says what he did. That revelation that it happens in the book doesn't spoil it for anyone that hasn't read the books. The only way that can be a spoiler is if your other friends had not seen the episode yet.

Perhaps I don't understand the question, exactly.

juggernaut

Quote from: GodShifter on April 15, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
So, I'm a bit confused by your question.

When you sent the email out asking if your friends and watched last night's episode, had every one watched it? You sent it this morning, I take it?

I don't see the problem if everyone watched the episode and, after the fact, your friend says what he did. That revelation that it happens in the book doesn't spoil it for anyone that hasn't read the books. The only way that can be a spoiler is if your other friends had not seen the episode yet.

Perhaps I don't understand the question, exactly.

Sorry if it was confusing. 

I sent an email out this morning to my 3 friends asking if they saw last nights episode.  Before anyone else had responded, the only one who had read the books (and happened to watch the episode responded with that quote about something shocking happening.  Right after he sent that out,  the other two responded and said they hadn't seen the episode yet.  Since they hadn't read the books they have no idea what is going to happen.  Even though the one guy never said anything specific, it's enough for them to know something big is going to happen which in my mind robs a bit of the surprise out of it.

GodShifter

Yeah, I get it now.

A bit of a douche nozzle thing to do, for sure. So, I agree with you.

In light of that, I probably shouldn't have said what I did about it in my initial post. Fucking spoiler button gone  >:(

juggernaut

Quote from: GodShifter on April 15, 2013, 03:40:55 PM
Yeah, I get it now.

A bit of a douche nozzle thing to do, for sure. So, I agree with you.

In light of that, I probably shouldn't have said what I did about it in my initial post. Fucking spoiler button gone  >:(

Good to know.  Apparently everyone else thought I was overreacting so what the fuck do I know. 

Soundgardenia

I was kind of hoping that the sister finger banger would get a little anal action before getting rescued.. Other than that the episode did not disappoint... There was a little delay on the tit front but once we got to Chez Littlefinger everything got back on track.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

The Shocker

Except Theon.  He sucks.

The Shocker

Wow, hard to pick a MVP of this episode.  So many brilliant performances & the women killed it.

strangelight

awesome. daenerys stormborn, you are the fucking shit.

Ryno

That was ridiculously awesome.  Never read the books, but a couple of episodes ago, when that slave master was talking a bunch of shit to her in his native tongue, I told my wife he was going to pay for it.  I knew she understood everything he was saying.  It was just a matter of time before she let him know.

And how!
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

juggernaut

Quote from: Ryno on April 22, 2013, 01:44:08 AM
That was ridiculously awesome.  Never read the books, but a couple of episodes ago, when that slave master was talking a bunch of shit to her in his native tongue, I told my wife he was going to pay for it.  I knew she understood everything he was saying.  It was just a matter of time before she let him know.

And how!

In the books you immediately know that she can speak their language and is just letting them hang themselves.  I kind of like how the show handled it.  Definitely had more of an impact.

MadJohnShaft

Sorcerer in a box = yuck

I've figured out I need to read a recap whole I watch this show. The Entertainment weekly recapper is the best...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-walk-of-punishment/

Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

Fuck yeah! Ygritte T&A, plus Brienne ass.

strangelight

and jamie's ass. and that new gay dude.

man, stannis is a fucking terrible father.  :D  good episode, although it sort of feels like nothing much happened. just pushing the plot along and filling the titty/ass quotient. the sword fight at the beginning was pretty cool.

GodShifter

Yeah, an episode that had some action at the beginning and a twist at the end, but that was about it. It did further Jaime's move into the sympathetic character realm also, though. Was it just me or did it seem like there were some awkward (quick) cuts in the exchanges with Sansa/Margaery then Loras/gay guy/ then Baelish/gay guy and then to Baelish/Sansas. I can't recall seeing something that like that before. It was almost, "ok, we've got to get this storyline moving so this needs to happen, then this, then this". Very quick succession of events/cuts. Not done particularly well, imo, but it's the fifth episode you can only spend so much time on things with that many plot lines to juggle.

The Shocker

I like the episodes that don't have as much action - the dialogue is so good..  The scene at the end between Tywin, Tyrion & Cersei was awesome!

GodShifter

Yeah, that was very well done. I thought it was a good episode.