Best telecaster bridge pickup?

Started by kirky, September 22, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

Gotta squier classic vibe and thinking of changing it up.

Chovie D

I changed my chinese p-90's out for some expensive lollars and they sound exactly the same.
on the other hand, i changed the crappy minibuckers in my 72 SG out for lollars and it was an amazing improvement.
my point is maybe stay with whats in there?

there is a telecaster forum that would have this question answered far better than I can .
Its a pretty good forum actually.
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php

showdown

The GFS Professional series Tele pickups are cheap and sound really good. Or check eBay for Fender Nocasters or Texas Specials.

Baltar

I second that. I've never had one bad GFS pup.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Instant Dan

- Fender CS Texas Specials

- Dimarzio choppers

- Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue

Jake

The consensus from Tele people on the web is that the Squier CV pickups are already not only good, but better than many stock pickups and a lot of replacement pups.

http://tidywords.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/tonerider-pickups-vs-squier-classic-vibe-pickups/

But I guess the question is what is the pickup lacking that you'd like to get in a new one? That could help narrow it down in terms of a recommendation.
poop.

mulekicker

What Jake said. It used to be that when u picked up a Squier anything or a mim you'd want to swap pickups, but those cv's sound good. I had a Lindy Fralin steel pole bridge pickup in a tele awhile back and loved it, but dont swap em out cause u think you have to. Only if you think they're lacking something.

Ancient

If you want silent but still retaining the tele twang the GFS Neovin series are awesome. I used one in the bridge of my 72 Tele custom and loved it, even in drop A# it had clarity and bite, plus it sounded amazing with high gain.

harm.on.x

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 23, 2013, 10:00:03 AM
- Dimarzio choppers

+1. It's not a traditional Tele sounding pickup though. I love mine. It has the fatness of a humbucker with the note definition of a single coil. And no hum!

kirky

I went ahead and got a gfs neovin "power rock" bridge pickup. Haven't installed it yet. I haven't had the time yet and I'm kinda digging the stock pickup more. Should I tear into it or return it? Anyone tried the same pickup? I've been reading some very mixed reviews and I'm having second thoughts....Ancient?