Main Menu

reverb pedals

Started by Chovie D, August 18, 2013, 10:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

yes this thread has been done before, yes its boring.

I have a fender tube reverb and I have a hardwire rv7 reverb pedal.

i need another reverb pedal, whos using what and how do you like it?

also, fuck you ;)

RacerX

I've got a Nano Holy Grail.

Pluses: They say "Dick Dale couldn't tell the difference" on the spring setting & neither can I. The plate setting is also very good—very ethereal. One knob mixes wet & dry signal. Very small footprint.

Minuses: Can't be run on batteries. The "flerb" (flange + 'verb) setting is pretty useless, a one-trick pony at best. Can't kick it & make spring reverb "splash," either.
Livin' The Life.

Glitchyghost

The Earthquaker Ghost Echo sounds great and can be had for under $150.     There's a guy on ilovefuzz.com selling one for $115, shipped.   I buy from that forum all the time.  Great people, good deals abound.

The Malekko Chicklet is another good one - purely spring reverb I think - and is around $100 or less, used.

If you want to spend a bunch of $$$, the Strymon Flint and Blue Sky really do live up to their hype.  But, damn.  Too rich for some.

VOLVO)))

EHX cathedral was my choice, sold it because i couldn't afford it anyone
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

I just ordered the Hardwire reverb, based on the recommendation of one of my guitar gurus.

Lumpy

Quote from: koi on August 18, 2013, 01:14:56 PM

The Earthquaker Ghost Echo sounds great and can be had for under $150.     There's a guy on ilovefuzz.com selling one for $115, shipped.   I buy from that forum all the time.  Great people, good deals abound.

The Malekko Chicklet is another good one - purely spring reverb I think - and is around $100 or less, used.

If you want to spend a bunch of $$$, the Strymon Flint and Blue Sky really do live up to their hype.  But, damn.  Too rich for some.

I love the Ghost Echo too. At some settings, it's instant Cramps (haunted rockabilly). Also, I buy stuff on ilovefuzz.com too, with no problems.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

neighbor664

The Biyang RV-10 Tri Reverb is pretty impressive for a $40 pedal.

mulekicker

I picked up an ehx holy stain the other day for dirt cheap because I've been listening to Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack and decided I needed some cavernous reverb. The room and hall verbs are decent sounding but the rest of the pedal is pretty useless. Tremolo is serviceable I guess. The Strymon Flint is on my wish list, the Earthquaker Ghost Echo sounds pretty cool too.  I really want an affordable combination reverb-tremolo pedal that sounds good and won't break the bank like the Flint. Strangely enough, I don't think that pedal exists.

Lumpy

Quote from: neighbor664 on August 18, 2013, 06:55:52 PM

It seemed good to me, too. (Did I get it from Bandit? Can't remember). I sold it to my no-good rotten guitar player (because he needed it) and he flipped it pretty fast.  >:(

Electro Harmonix has a pretty good reputation for reverb, seems like.

Ghost Echo video from Pro Guitar Shop, I like their demos. The newest version is in a smaller enclosure.

Cathedral demo. Lots of features, but do you really need stereo ins and outs?

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

Volume

I have the Malekko Chicklet, it was a great spring reverb until it broke. :(

Now I got the TC Hall of Fame, seems pretty good and very versatile, but I haven't had time to fiddle around with it much.

liquidsmoke

My Nano Holy Grail is always on a little bit. Cranked up it does awesome spooky shit to heavy chords. Great little unit.

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

the diddler

^ I've been using the TC Hall of Fame for awhile now.  Tons of options, but most often it gets left on Ambient at fairly low setting to add a little flavor to my typical heavy distortion sound. 

Mr. Foxen

Marshall reflector works well for a cheap. Nice options.

Ombrenuit

All my pedals go into a dirty amp without an effects loop so I'm more of a delay kind of guy. That said an mxr carbon copy sounds really awesome into a cranked tweed and can easily get washy / verby.

Slugfuct

Strymon Blue Sky is quite amazing, definitely the best I've used and Ive had quite a few of the above mentioned verbs. It is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny in my book
I'm gonna ravage your cabbage with my sauerkraut habits

fallen

Let's keep this thread going not only long after he's bought a reverb but after he's used it and sold it.

I have a few reverbs and here's some short reviews of them:

Ghost Echo: great fake analog sound, doubles as a solo boost
TC Trinity: awesome ambient verbs, can nearly duplicate the Ghost on spring setting, TonePrint is fun, I like to be able to switch sounds to cure boredom without having to switch pedals off and on the board
Dispatch Master delay/verb: the verb in this is too shrill and digital sounding, don't like it
Alesis Quadraverb: great sounds but it's a rack mount and so old that the chip in a pedal probably has more processing power these days
Boss tabletop spring reverb: sucks, studio use only, if there is any volume or vibration nearby it feeds back

Fuhgawz

I really like my TC Hall of Fame. It's versatile, small and sounds good. You can download about 40 different toneprints for it now, but I prefer to leave it at the regular 'Church' setting. I had a Boss RV3 before, but I prefer the TC because it sounds better and is more versatile.

moose23

I love the ones based on the accutronics digital brick. If they have a low pass filter you get 99% of the sound of a reverb tank. Without the LPF you get a brighter sounding verb which is really nice too. 1776effects does boards to make it even easier to make one yourself.

Chovie D

i was considering making one with the brick thingy, maybe from byoc. I also like the size of teh chicklet.

Gally99

Quote from: neighbor664 on August 18, 2013, 06:55:52 PM
I love mine, but biyang's quality control is shit and the compression took some getting used to.

Instant Dan

The Tech21 Boost Reverb is pretty good.

Line 6 Verbzilla is another good one, like the Hall of Fame.

bitter

I use the verbzilla as well.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

aowdiwasad

I've got a Nano Holy Grail.

Pluses: They say "Dick Dale couldn't tell the difference" on the spring setting & neither can I. The plate setting is also very good—very ethereal. One knob mixes wet & dry signal. Very small footprint.

Minuses: Can't be run on batteries. The "flerb" (flange + 'verb) setting is pretty useless, a one-trick pony at best. Can't kick it & make spring reverb "splash," either.