Main Menu

The Wire

Started by Jesus Son, July 11, 2013, 12:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus Son

Best TV show ever. thanx come again
I've been known to like bands that sound a lot like Black Sabbath..

mortlock

deleted account

it's so good they had to have two threads just to handle the sheer volume of posting traffic

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

Mike IQ

I watch the whole series once a year. Every time, I discover little things I hadn't noticed before.

Interesting Wire news - Det. Sydnor is going to join the cast of Boardwalk Empire and D'angelo Barksdale is joining the cast of the Walking Dead. Good to see those guys landing on good, acclaimed shows.

Any Treme fans here?
"I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain." - Mike Tyson

The Shocker

I watched 2 or 3 seasons of Treme.  Only thing good was the music.  Too fucking preachy and obvious about it.

MadJohnShaft

On S1 ep5, long journey ahead.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

I'm excited for you buddy!

MadJohnShaft

retardgroove

The Shocker

Shut up dude.  I love Season 2.  Better than the kids' season.

retardgroove

Quote from: The Shocker on October 19, 2013, 03:29:41 PM
Shut up dude.  I love Season 2.  Better than the kids' season.

I would rewatch it to see what you love so much about it, but that would be very boring.

strangelight

season 2 nearly lost me. season 3 made me love the show. season 4 made me think it's the best damn show to have ever been on tv. and season 5 was a snooze. who cares about a newspaper?

whoshotthefrog

Sobotka's girlfriend in season 2 has a great set of tits on her.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

deleted account

retardgroove

strangelight

no black people in it?

(kidding)

GodShifter

Quote from: retardgroove on October 20, 2013, 02:37:50 AM
why?

Stevedores!

strangelight pretty much hit the nail on the head for me in terms of seasons. David Simon worked for the Baltimore Sun (or whatever it was called in the show), but his interest in that spectrum far outweighed mine. I didn't care for season five that much.

MadJohnShaft

I will watch the rest of season two halfassedly but then I will be ready for go time when season 3 and 4 get going.

deleted account

Quote from: retardgroove on October 20, 2013, 02:37:50 AM
why?

I like the murder mystery and how it unravels throughout the season and how the Greek is connected/ running all that shit.  I like how that's how they get McNulty back (sure didn't take 'em long) and I like the hot dock cop.  the Ziggy subplot was cool too.  if each season was like a movie, then that one was the most cohesive for me

The Shocker

I'm with you on it.  I also liked how it all was a result of Valchek getting pissed of about stained glass.

JkFlesh

Season 2 is underrated for sure.  I don't get the hate.

I really, really hate agreeing with priest.

MadJohnShaft

There's a lot of black guys making out. Am I supposed to look away or get into it?

strangelight

if you aren't into omar then you're doing this show wrong. the jock president obama already declared omar the best character on the show.

Bro. Righteous

I'm in season 4/eps...4...right now - Omar is most def...thee best character on the show, wish there
was waaay more story w/him...funny thing watched the Road awhile back and could of swear that
the scene where the black brother is forced to take his clothes off at the beach was fucking played
by the Omar dude.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

deleted account

you should of swear that because he fucking was