Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Borrowed a dehydrator so I'm dehydrating apple, pears, orange slices, and orange peel for shichimi togarashi today.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I was hoping those were chopsticks. Tasty looking pasta for sure.

I needed to do my walk and needed some nourishment so along
the lines of the cookbook thread I grabbed some odd bits out the fridge for a burrito. Don't really need to shop yet but thought I'd use up some stuff.
Beans and rice were just made fresh but that brisket was from a couple months ago that I had in the freezer. Some scallions on their way out, a few olives left in the can from mama tacos and an egg a last slice of cheese etc...

Came together nicely with some pickled red onions and some fermented sambal.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Thai flavored kimchi with bok choy, chard stems, garlic, white pepper, cilantro root, fish sauce, and ginger

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Is there a trick way to roast Pork loin to perfection? Just a Teriyaki marinated 18oz from the market. I was going to put in a casserole pot and bake it with carrots. everytime I roast one it comes out dry. Any tips?

Edit:
Found this RAGER post. I guess I might should fire up the grill but kinda lazy today and plan to reverse sear the loin on stovetop. But this is all a test anyway. I'll buy a roast and prepare the grill for this coming week.

Quote from: RAGER on April 21, 2021, 10:40:46 AM
When I buy a pork roast, in this case I think it's the picnic roast because of how it is cut up to remove the shoulder blade, I further take different cuts out of it. This small roast I got some fatty trim for stock or rendering out or even some chicharrone de carne, some chunks for slow grilling and a couple thick steaks.

Muffin Man

Teriyaki marinated pork loin medallions reverse-seared in butter-mushroom oyster sauce over oysters brown rice and roasted rosemary root vegetables. So tender and a hearty Winter warmer!

RAGER

That sounds pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Wife brought home a smoked turkey from a vendor at work.

Frozen solid. Hmmm. What to do what to do?

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

When we got married we had about 5 lbs of leftover taco chicken. It was frozen in one big block.  I cut it into 4 pieces with a hand saw while it was frozen, then vacuum sealed them.  Boiled in bag when we ate them. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Somewhere I have a dedicated hack saw for meat. My plan is to probably quarter it I think. Should be able to use up a quarter within a week.

Totally had to pull out everything out of a freezer drawer and rearrange.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Someday I'll get a deli slicer but if I had one now I'd paper-thin that and make a charcuterie plate

RAGER

I specifically don't have a slicer for the sheer fact that I see it as an enabling device. I shouldn't be eating cured meats much. If I had one of those I'd use it as an excuse to buy more of that.

It's about the struggle for discipline.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Wanna hear something funny?  As much as I cook I just stumbled across the real purpose of this damn thing.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

It certainly looks scientific.

I'm going to attempt to make pork wellington. Should be beef but I have a huge loin.  ;D

RAGER

Don't brag now.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Chili is our super duper bowl food.  And I suspect oven baked nachos will be my dinner. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

I need that gravy but will have to fake some curry instead due to what's left in the pantry. Will go over basmati.

And nachos are now on the list! might do a chili over nachos mess or something.

but first, appetizers! double order of thin slice BBQ pork with sinus clearing mustard. what a way to turbo-charge the cranium, yikes:

RAGER

I can almost enjoy the sensation just looking at that. Yum.

Think I'll fire up the tao today it's so nice.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Pickled some beets the other day and the greens and stems looked pretty good so I'm fermenting those.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I always like to Tuesday  mornings. Lots of coffee and prep work for wife's work week lunches. Lately it's been bowls. So this morning it was cooking off black quinoa, pintos, brown rice and poaching some chicken in a kampot peppercorn fennel onion poaching liquid. I'll make jasmine rice with that liquid tomorrow probably.

It was grocery day too so that meant washing and prepping spinach, lettuces, cilantro and pre slicing scallions for garnishes.

Fruit got washed and stowed too.

Having a couple beers out before back home to prep dinner. Think I'll do a simple pasta with mushrooms dish and radicchio with Gorgonzola dolce and balsamic and micro greens.
No Focus Pocus