Orphan Black on BBC America

Started by MadJohnShaft, April 08, 2013, 10:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

It's two episodes in and seems to be on Saturday nights, the first two are available on demand.

Mystery sci fi show with a hot chick star, not sure what the hell is going on yet....It got some excellent reviews.  We watched the first two and can't wait to keep going, seems like it's going to be good.

"This Saturday at 9PM, BBC America debuts its second original series, Orphan Black. A science fiction thriller, Orphan Black follows a young woman named Sarah (Tatiana Maslany), who is returning home after ten months away to try to reclaim custody of her daughter, who is being raised by Sarah's own foster mother, when she witnesses another young woman, Beth, commit suicide at a train station. If that wasn't unsettling enough, the other woman shares Sarah's face. And as Sarah, desperate for cash, appropriates the dead woman's identity, apartment—and as it turns out, the police department review she's under for an unjustified shooting of a civilian—she learns that she doesn't just have a twin: there are a disturbing number of other women wearing Sarah's face.
"
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Bandit

MadJohnShaft

Yeah you guys, watch this show.... it's in my head now

MadJohnShaft

apekillman

it was voted number 1 on t.v.'s best 12 shows to watch.  forgot which publication posted that list.  but it did pique my curiosity

MadJohnShaft

Onion's AV Club - they have lost their shit for this show.

You get to see her butt in episode one - it's an awesome butt - so they put it in the recap at the start of every episode.

"Then there's the equivalent of even more acting acrobatics from Tatiana Maslany. Not only does she have to act as Sarah, Sarah playing Beth, Allison, Cosima, and Helena, but she tackles Allison playing Sarah and Helena playing Beth"

MadJohnShaft

A comedic episode for #6.  I love how they have every character's good or bad status ambiguous and the girls   criticize each other.

The Internets is upset with BBC America for revealing so much of the show in the ads and previews - I agree so when you watch this mute those and avert your eyes from those.  It won't really wreck anything but the highlight of the show is how she gets out of each mess as it comes up.

jmucke

The whole-suburbia-party was an unexpected change of tone. For a while I thought they were losing it but somehow it worked  out OK. I'm surprised how much I like the gay dude. He should be annoying but he is fun. And, no, I am not questioning my sexuality.

MadJohnShaft

Slight spoiling here....

Vic can't catch a hint.  I like how Donnie had a cover story for his cover story. Although if they were dating since high school it seems weird he is her m_____.   Cosima's m____ is working for Mr Neolution?

The Felix works because this show lets the peripheral characters have their own lives.   Is he Sarah's m____?  If he is I doubt he would be painting each of them.

Helena and Olivier back next week.

Demon Lung

I feel violated every week when my lady forces me to watch this show.

MadJohnShaft

You will if you post on my thread again.

Demon Lung

I do watch the show though. I just don't like watching it. I like to use the time to hang out with my lady while she's watching it.

MadJohnShaft

Demon Lung

Hey shafty what did you think of the 2 chics dyking out this week? Do you ever think they will have her do a scene where she dykes out with herself?

MadJohnShaft

We can only hope. We got a butt again.

The unhinged Allison character was a bonus. Especially driving around singing Allanis Morriset Meredith Brooks.

It's hard to remember that's all one actress. I wonder who the big boss will turn out to be? There's only two episodes left. How will they make a second season? They will be the super crime fighting clones for the US Govt?

Demon Lung

What's going to happen on the finale shafty? Is Hanna going to kill everyone and then kill herself and then a robot version of her comes by and dykes out with Hanna's dead body? You know that  this show has ridiculous plot lines like that right?

MadJohnShaft

'Helena' and let's hope, I wish the season finale was two hours though, kind of stingy on their part.

I suppose like all serial dramas now they need to setup interest in coming back to watch season two - this show will get hyped over the break so they need to catch all those people.   Wonder if she'll get an Emmy nomination...

I like BBC America and hope they do more shows.

Demon Lung

MadJohnShaft

Three or four of them talking at once, crazy.  Plus Allison exercising.

The 'CGI' was a bit off but the dialog editing was done great - great dramatic blood splattered ending too.  Everyone got to kill someone.

Chit chatter about the finale

http://www.etonline.com/tv/134713_Tatiana_Maslany_Orphan_Black_Season_Finale_Interview/index.html

MadJohnShaft

She got a critics choice for Best Actress against some big actors. Wonder if she will get an Emmy, or at least the nomination?

Where to binge watch the show (Felix will grow on you)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/where-to-watch-orphan-black/

MadJohnShaft

This is new viewer recruitment weekend - watch this show or I'll stab you in the face.

Jor el

This show has a show aboot the show. A Chris Hardwick Talking Bad/Dead knockoff.

That seems really stupid.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

It was a one-off meet the cast, they are drumming up hype for season two premiere which is Saturday.

JkFlesh

Season 2 premiere may have been the best episode yet.  This show just keeps getting better.