Main Menu

Color check Pelham Blue

Started by Sam Hain, January 11, 2013, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Hain

What do you all think of this color Gibson Pelham Blue?

I've never considered it but I can get a good deal on a Gib LP in Pelham. The color kinda grew on me.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-traditional-pro-with-50s-neck-electric-guitar-pelham-blue

heytrid

love it,

would LOVE an orignal pelham blue sg junior

liquidsmoke

2 grand? Not for me. What you think is what matters though.

Sam Hain

Quote from: liquidsmoke on January 11, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
2 grand? Not for me. What you think is what matters though.
Agree... I wouldn't pay that much for any guitar. I can get this one new for less than $1400 with OHSC.

Cool guys...thanks

Jake

I like the straight pelham blue, but love me the "aged" pelham blue -- where the once clear nitro yellows over top of the blue, making a great greenish hue. Here's a Les Paul I used to have in aged pelham. I miss that one.

e
poop.

Lumpy

My favorite Gibson color, but I like it less on Les Pauls. But what do I know.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

The LP & SG Jr.s look good in it. Goes well w/ those plastic covers on the p90s, bith cream & black.
Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

It's definitely one of my favorite colors, aged as well, on a Gibson besides a tobacco sunburst on the Custom LP, cherry wash on both standards.

I wish they offered it on the SG standard's.

moose23

I love it. Not mine but this one of my favourite examples:

mutantcolors

Jake, how do you sell an axe like that? Gawdamn.

Jake

Two factors in shedding that one. First, I had a hard time justifying having two LP Customs. Second, I had a bad case of SG fever at the time, so I traded straight up for one of those Custom Shop 3-pickup SG/Les Paul dealies. Sadly, never bonded with that SG and ended up trading it for my white Thunderverb 50 and 2x12.

Regrets... I've had a few.
poop.

The Shocker

Love the Pelham, both unaged and aged.

Jake

Also, in keeping with the topic, my alltime fav finish for an SG. If money were no object, I'd hunt this one down and make it mine.

poop.

Sam Hain

Well I bit the bullet and got it..no regrets at all. Better looking in person. In fact these pics suck and I probably shouldnt even be posting this. Anyways thanks for steering me right.

The Shocker

mutantcolors

I like them zebra pickups with it.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jake on January 11, 2013, 10:41:16 PM
I like the straight pelham blue, but love me the "aged" pelham blue -- where the once clear nitro yellows over top of the blue, making a great greenish hue. Here's a Les Paul I used to have in aged pelham. I miss that one.

e

Pelham blue, schmelham schmoo.  Tell me more about that grainy blackguard tele!  Is that where that hot rails is going?

I dismissively rhyme only out of jealousy, Sam.  That guit is shit-hot; props.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Worthless Willie

"Tell me more about that grainy blackguard tele!  Is that where that hot rails is going?"

My god, I hope not.    ;)
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

AgentofOblivion

Awesome.  Never heard of that color until now.  Does that have a metallic flake in it?  I didn't notice that in other pictures but yours seem to show it.

Andrew Blakk

It acctually looks really nice!  :o