Texas guitar shows-which one's the best?

Started by Ranbat, November 18, 2012, 06:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Which one has the best variety of stuff? I've been to the one in Austin and was wondering about Arlington and Dallas. Or any others that I may be missing.
Meh :/

Pissy

I've heard Dallas is second to none.

I've come to hate these things though. They're really more about dealers than buyers. Thursday's are closed to the public so dealers can deal with other dealers. Seen those Japanese vendor tables that are empty? They're there only for the dealer day, then gtfo back home to sell off the bounty.

I've never seen what I would call a good buy at a guitar show, that was offered by a vendor I wanted to give money to. One time only I found a Gretsch Beast that the guy would sell for 400, but as I talked with him our conversation went south. Like the guy was bipolar. I consider him normal in his line of work.
Vinyls.   deal.

Ranbat

I had a decent experience in Austin a couple years back. I wasn't really there to buy so much as see some cool stuff. I was blowing money at the record convention next door. But, most of the guys that had the kind of stuff I'm into were pretty cool and talkative. I think Wichita Falls is the next one. I think I'm gonna hit that one.
Meh :/

Baltar

Where's Danny G?  He'll give the low-down.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.