The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

There's a lot less tension on a guitar neck, if that means anything...

One reason to change the strings one by one, is if the strings are keeping the bridge in place.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

Our guitarist who got us this show just ignored everybody else's suggestions and went with their own thing I guess. I don't know if I could actively think of such a shitty band name if I was trying, but even so we might not have been the worst-named artist on the bill

Jor el

You're in Hoity Toity ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Kankle is better than those names.

You could have a pretty cool "metal" logo for Kankle with like lightning bolts and stuff.

RAGER

How was A mart?  I've been to H mart. It was pretty cool.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

that flier art is impeccable.

Muffin Man

Nice.Bass.Pose. Whats the pay on a gig like that? Nice Gig.

renfield

Quote from: Muffin Man on May 16, 2019, 11:51:23 PM
Nice.Bass.Pose. Whats the pay on a gig like that? Nice Gig.

Negative 150 USD, it's pay to play.

You put down a $50 deposit, they give you tickets, you sell them to friends and family and if you cough up $100 more the day of you are allowed to play?

I wasn't asked to help or contribute to this and only found out about the arrangement afterwards. It's an expensive way to practice one's stagecraft I suppose? The result was a bill where none of the acts had anything to do with each other musically, and none of the audiences deigned to watch any of the acts but the one they were attached to.

I'll post a video of Amart later, you guys will be fucking amazed.

RAGER

Jesus!  They still do that?  I remember playing exactly two of those in the early 90s.  One was like you said and totally sucked so we were Dicks and they shut us down after our bass player got naked. The second one we commandeered the ticket sitch with other friends bands and it turned out cool except for about 200 people in a place designed for 1500.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

In other blog news, the other day I went into my studio and fired everything up for the first time in months. Played some synths, from red up the Marshall and Orange. Man that shit sounds killer. Immediately got bored. I need some inspiration.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Deadlines have a way of focusing the mind. Maybe you should schedule a gig.

RAGER

I've played innumerable shows but that sounds terrifying.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on May 17, 2019, 03:27:44 PM
Deadlines have a way of focusing the mind. Maybe you should schedule a gig.
this is so true. shit never gets stale when you got gigs on the books.

Muffin Man

Quote from: renfield on May 17, 2019, 10:58:50 AM
I'll post a video of Amart later, you guys will be fucking amazed.

subscribed

renfield

Shake those tiddies for Amart

Muffin Man

unsubscribed

OMG more like tramA. Cool show though, you have to re-book.

Lumpy

Those chicks are probably ringers he hired on Craigs List. For one thing, they don't know how to dance. And they don't know his songs.

Lumpy

I'm interested in Boss pedals now, and DOD. The ones I didn't buy like 30 years ago. Feels like life is coming around full circle.

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on May 27, 2019, 10:19:39 PM
I'm interested in Boss pedals now, and DOD. The ones I didn't buy like 30 years ago. Feels like life is coming around full circle.
i love my dod pedals.

Lumpy

My friend loaned me his Boss HM-2. It kills. The price went way up on these though, which sucks. It's got that grinding, 90s Godflesh kind of sound. It sounds like destruction.

neighbor664

If Dora plays like me all's lost. 

Are they still teaching kids this, or have they come up with something less sexist?

Pissy

Those HM2's. I used to be a dumping ground for those things in the early 90's. They'd just appear out of nowhere, at one point I had 4 of them collecting dust.  When the MetalZone came out, everyone moved on to those. 

Then of course i lost them or whatever over the years, and everyone is all about them again.  Of course, they sounded best when the battery was dying.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Fuck this cheap JBL shit.

It's time for some QSC.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I need some PA speakers too :(

I don't want to spend QSC money, it's for really limited use. Which means they won't sound that great.

Desolation

#haiku